• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replace vinyl top 69 Cor.500

Budr500

Local time
8:11 AM
Reaction score
Hey folks...
I just gotta quote from a reputable local shop to install a new vinyl top.
I supply the top. $1200 for labor.
That sound about right?

I would think thats high, how are their reviews? Are they painting your roof? Removing your old one? More info please.

I actually asked if I should/could remove what's left of orig. top, and/or prep roof. He said it wasn't necessary. I just want a proper new vinyl top installed correctly. Yes, they have great reviews. I also have to wait until March to get it done (scheduled for March 1st morning drop off. A Friday. They don't work weekends. He said it'd be done following Tues.)

well all the prices have gone up so maybe thats the price now a days.

K. Everything is expensive these days. I'm in Sacramento Ca.. not a cheap area. I've seen/heard that 500-800 is normal range, but that might be 10 years ago/cheaper area.
Thx for response.
I'm probably gonna shop around a bit for other shops/quotes before I order the top.
Seems Legendary is a good choice for top ($400 for correct vinyl cut to fit)

I think their having a sale so dont wait to long to order. They have a wait time also.

$1200 sounds reasonable. Had mine done back in 2013 and it cost me $700 including getting the top from Legendary.

If you take it apart, prep it and will put it back together it will be a lot less.

Sounds about right. I had mine done last year and there was a lot of discussion about pulling the windshield to do it right, etc. A restoration shop came highly recommended, who carefully pulled and reinstalled all of the ss trim, had some minor dent repairs to the roof, and installed the legendary pearl top. I was very happy with their work and feel it was a fair price for the work that was done. BTW the windshield was not removed.

On my 1967 coronet the off the cuff verbal quote was 5 grand including materials. He said the windshield and backlight needed removal and there is ALWAYS rust prep required.

not sure how anyone could give an actual quote...... too many unknowns under that top

installing on a fresh resto? that's another story

Auto Transport Service
Back