• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

replacement carb fro 69 318/Coronet500

Paul Becker

Local time
11:46 PM
Reaction score
I'm new to the site, and have ????
-what would be a good brand replacement 2bbl for my Coronet? It sat covered allwinter while my garage was being finished, and refuses to run now...loading up , backfiring, etc. I havent owned the car that long, and not sure if carb is original(doubt it, though). Any help is appreciated.
- I'm also going to pull the tank and drain any bad gas, replace sending unit...new tank vs getting it flushed???

I'm new to the site, and have ????
-what would be a good brand replacement 2bbl for my Coronet? It sat covered allwinter while my garage was being finished, and refuses to run now...loading up , backfiring, etc. I havent owned the car that long, and not sure if carb is original(doubt it, though). Any help is appreciated.
- I'm also going to pull the tank and drain any bad gas, replace sending unit...new tank vs getting it flushed???
If the car (year?) is stock I would recommend using the carb the factory installed. You can clean your own tank and inspect the inside for rust and seal it if required.
We need to know brand and model of carb for recommendations, and ignition type, etc. for diagnoses.
Mike

Knowing if it is a 318 or 383 will determine at least two different choices of carb. I would have a 383 choice reconditioned.

Sorry, 69 Coronet 500, 318...it was in the title line ...
Ive read less than great opinions re: Carter carbs from the day?? I'll check the brand, though it looked like a more recent aftermarket carb.

Welcome Paul! I agree with going through the fuel delivery system, at a minimum, pull the tank, clean and flush the lines. As for the carb, you can reuild it pretty cheap. Chicago carburetor has about everything in kit form but apart from that, I would go back to stock. This may help:
http://www.mymopar.com/carbguide.htm

The list shows 2 different carbs depending on manual or auto trans, both are Carters

Auto Transport Service
Back