• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacement Fender Tags

TorRed

Local time
2:18 PM
Reaction score
I apologize in advance for this having covered before, I even remember reading it here and thought I had bookmarked both Websites, but can anyone send me the link for the two companies that reproduce Mopar fender tags? I remember there was one that folks thought might still do Mopars but when I checked their website it was only Fords listed. One supplier was like $400 and the other $200 so all else being equal I'll probably go the cheaper route!

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Have you considered the implicairons of them being wrong and making a bad tag for your car?

Have you considered the implicairons of them being wrong and making a bad tag for your car?
I've had the car since 1974 with 48k miles so I'm pretty confident I know exactly what came on the vehicle which wasn't much. AM radio, black vinyl top, deluxe black interior, PS, automatic on the column, Torred paint, light group (under dash light, trunk light), triple stripe and dust trail stripes. Hardly a loaded car. So no I'm not concerned about being wrong about this particular car but I understand your concern if I hadn't owned it all of my adult life.

Later,
Jim

I've had the car since 1974 with 48k miles so I'm pretty confident I know exactly what came on the vehicle which wasn't much. AM radio, black vinyl top, deluxe black interior, PS, automatic on the column, Torred paint, light group (under dash light, trunk light), triple stripe and dust trail stripes. Hardly a loaded car. So no I'm not concerned about being wrong about this particular car but I understand your concern if I hadn't owned it all of my adult life.

Later,
Jim
Do you have the Broadcast Sheet for your car? Not everything on the Broadcast Sheet is coded on the fender tag, but it helps narrow down what should be on the fender tag.

Do you have the Broadcast Sheet for your car? Not everything on the Broadcast Sheet is coded on the fender tag, but it helps narrow down what should be on the fender tag.
I do not, when I pulled my back seat out many years ago I saw the sheet and like a dummy pulled it out only to have it disintegrate into a dozen pieces. I kept the pieces around and may still have them but who knows where. Odd thing, were there two pieces of paper normally in these cars because unless the print had disappeared from age the sheet I'm talking about had almost no print on it at all? Certainly not a list of codes, etc.

My '70 Charger had two under the back seat cushion. One for my car and one for a different car. Also, there were remnants of broadcast sheets under both bucket seats. The one for my car under the passenger bucket and the one under the driver's bucket didn't have enough info visible to know if it belonged to my car or not. There are no B.S. inside the bucket seat backs. There was no B.S. under my carpet and insulation when I removed them. I don't believe there is one on top of the glove box, but I am going check again with a bright light and mirror. I haven't checked elsewhere under the dash. I haven't removed the headliner and insulation yet.

Later,
Jim

Wow. That's cool that you've had it that long.

Knowing what was on the car and what was properly coded on the tag are two different things. There are lots of tag makers that will be willing to take your money. They won't be hard to find.

Auto Transport Service
Back