• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repo wheel opening trim

BAFRAID

She’s looking like a Super Bee again!!
Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
I’ve read many posts on how bad these repo pieces can be. I recently ordered some and I actually tried to get the better ones “made in the USA“. I got them recently and I think I could’ve made better ones out of a roll of tinfoil. I mean I’ll get these things to work but they’re going to need to be bent into shape and fabricated. At least I have a general shape to start from. Definitely not worth the almost $400.

Yeah, I hear ya! I've been reading posts about the junk out there and comments that people
wish they had an old junkyard B body to beat the moldings around on to make them fit. I will
not buy these pieces until I hear better reviews! My wheel wells look perfect without any
moldings on them and besides, I'm not looking for "Points." $400.00 Eh? OHCH!

Can you buy decent originals?
The last pair of originals I saw somebody selling they listed as original wheel well trim for an A12 Super Bee, Coronet, whatever. I think they were like $1200

I just installed a set on a 70........ they were pretty much perfect, much to my surprise

quarters were replaced and I didn't have them during mock up, to complicate thing even further

I line up the body line with its corresponding bend in the moulding, and start drilling/screwing from the top......

Bring your car and trim over.. I'll make'm fit !
windowchannelruns 040.JPG

I have done several cars now with the reproductions. Yes, they do have to be shaped and manipulated. You will want to verify the screw hole locations as well. I did it prior to paint to avoid damage during the final install. I didn't think it was a big deal. Just my 2 cents.

D

I have done several cars now with the reproductions. Yes, they do have to be shaped and manipulated. You will want to verify the screw hole locations as well. I did it prior to paint to avoid damage during the final install. I didn't think it was a big deal. Just my 2 cents.

D
I am at the part of my build that I’m just trying to get things back together. I totally get wanting to make sure all the screws are in the right locations. The moldings I got only had the top two screw holes in them. I got some really nice stainless Phillips screws to put them on with. After the heads broke off of about three of them I decided to use the self tapping hex head screws I have. I just wanna get the damn car on the road.

All I can say is there must be several suppliers out there, some doing it correct, some not. Only 2 screw holes falls into the some not category.
I
I am posting the link to the ones I have worked with and would buy again. I hope this helps.

https://www.megapartsusa.com/proddetail.php?prod=158-WOM6870W
https://www.megapartsusa.com/proddetail.php?prod=MP-WOMS8017

i thought I was getting the better set. One set was around 200 and the “made in the USA“ set was around three something. I went with the more expensive set thinking they would be better. I guess I was wrong.

Auto Transport Service
Back