• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repro wiper blades from Dante’s arrived today, anybody using these?

64fury74charger

Local time
7:36 AM
Reaction score
Three weeks to get these and I was not sure about how they will work. I took the wiper linkage off and replaced the plastic bushings and now the wipers park properly under the hood as they should. I have the original wiper arms and they are beaten up around the mounting holes from the bad/missing bushings etc. I have some trico blades that I modified to lay under the hood but the center part bends inward on the new windshield and that’s not going to work out for me.
I would like to know if anyone here has used these more specifically on concealed wipers that tuck under the hood. Any problems or if they are wiping good or???
I had to raise the hood up slightly at the back to get enough clearance for my modified arms to park due to the height of the wiper arms. Last pics are with modified wiper arm as it is right now. I have not put the new ones on yet.

2E1DDC3A-3544-4C30-9CB6-1D7483B78FC3.jpeg 50D2DB8E-8D09-4B40-8CEF-BDC80DEFDF74.jpeg 642B421E-3885-4207-A222-6C9C46AF81C5.jpeg 51F195D2-7EB6-4E51-9A9E-2B4F838BB983.jpeg FE04DCC8-D499-4065-B1CF-648581E203D8.jpeg A4CF8E75-7394-4E46-B0E7-235D9FDCA592.jpeg B75DD69C-AD9E-40C1-A2F5-ED9A6FB6F81A.jpeg

Last edited:
another POS ( AND EXPENSIVE ) from the repro market ( just because how they look and fit, dunno how they wipe )

No! And after your description never will, that's why I said that. I have Trico Classic line and they are THE BEST I HAVE USED on my 74 ever! Correct finish althought they are kinda upgraded from the older design, but this upgrade make them look slimer, lower profile and perfect fit down the hood. They wipe better than the old Ancos too due the upgraded design. Unfortunately not anymore available on 16". Fortunatelly I got several spare refills way back. But still without correct Trico refills i can make my own refills from other wipers around.

Last edited:
I would not buy those Trico Classic blades. They come with a gray plastic adaptor that is anything but classic. Also they are chromed instead of SS. I bought some a few weeks ago and asked for a refund. The gave me a refund and didn’t even want them back. More crap parts cluttering up my garage. The Anco from Classic Mopar parts look correct but I haven’t bought any of them.

The Trico 33-162 is correct current replacement for ’71-74 B-bodies, the adaptor that comes with it is not used for this application. The current version has a painted finish simulating the original brushed finish and fits under the hood as the original did.
DSC07285.JPG

I probably overlooked later B-bodies May not have a bayonet coupling

And, as everyone could check on the pic posted by 72RoadrunnerGTX, the look and fitment is perfect and I can testify they wipe perfectly on my car being a driver on a tropical country.

The design of these Trico produces the perfect tension over all the rubber fill lenght, way better than the Ancos. Also follow better the windshield curve.

The installation over the bayonet end is snap on and actually more firm than Ancos, without any play on pin which Ancos get. No need for release tabs since is spring loaded. Sure is kinda scary because you can feel they could jump out easily while wiping over the glass but so far so good it hasn't happened to me yet.

However I can't recall mines being painted, but with the original SS finish like should be!

Last edited:
The Anco from Classic Mopar parts look correct but I haven’t bought any of them.

If we are talking about the ones posted by OP, they don't look anything close to correct ones, but just as any generic regular replacement and now overpriced with the excuse of a resto part? In black? Just like the ones you can get at walmart, gas station or any local parts shop from the exhibitor, shelf, etc...

US$3-6 wipers replacements

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...id+v8,1440890,wiper+&+washer,wiper+blade,8852

of course is just from what I can tell from the distance.

Last edited:
No, I was speaking of Anco like Classic sells. I don’t know who makes those in the original post for OER but I don’t see the correct female bayonet fitting riveted to them like the 67/68 cars require. The Anco were pictured with the correct, riveted SS bayonet fitting - but as I have not actually purchased any, I can’t be sure they actually are as depicted.

If anyone wants a set of those 16” Trico Classic blades I have a set I would sell cheap.

Last edited:
However I can't recall mines being painted, but with the original SS finish like should be!
The original finish is a brushed stainless, replacements sets a far back as purchased 10 years ago(pictured) are also brushed stainless. The set I bought last year, yet to open packaging, clearly shows a change in finish.
IMG_0060[1].JPG

"Durable silver finish steel frame"
IMG_0061[1].JPG

Last edited:
My 73 had original wiper blades still on it. No rubber left on them. I bought some 16" refill blades and swapped over the rubber. Not as tight in the arm, but it works and looks right.

fortunatelly mines are the right finish, and trust me, I can't be happier!

Now I understand why Trico didn't got available these for that long time.

I guess will be on market for just refills while my blades are still in good conditions

The Trico 33-162 is correct current replacement for ’71-74 B-bodies, the adaptor that comes with it is not used for this application. The current version has a painted finish simulating the original brushed finish and fits under the hood as the original did.
View attachment 1070836

Thank you for your help here. The pictures of my wiper still in the plastic wrap are not very good for posting but they look like chrome on the arms. These look the same as the originals .

I will use your part # as well for reference. :luvplace:

Auto Transport Service
Back