• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduction Parts Question

...and also the lens covers for the interior lights.
Ok on the lens covers I am going to guess everyone needs 4 per car and here is my question, would you be ok with them being made out of polycarb or the same poor quality material Chrysler did originally that cracks shrink and crumbles.

Keep in mind we cannot do everything at one time, we can do a lot and I will see if the metal guys would consider doing at least patch panels. Things like the wheel flares are doable but....at what costs? And how much real demand there is for them, setting up new steel molds is not cheap,and in this case you will need 4 unique molds, as well as the steel insert dies.... so something like the wheel opening flares would be more of a group buy type thing to see if it is feasible first.

Ok on the lens covers I am going to guess everyone needs 4 per car and here is my question, would you be ok with them being made out of polycarb or the same poor quality material Chrysler did originally that cracks shrink and crumbles.
3 things:
First, I am not concerned with "originality". I just want to be able to drive my car(s).
Second, I wouldn't know the difference between polycarb, nylon or ?
Thirdly, If you make 'em I'll buy 8! (and two rear quarter patch panels, if those show up!!!)
Thank you for your interest!

In addition to the excellent suggestions thus far...
I would like to see somebody repro the elusive wiper linkage cam bushing - which I believe was originally serviced as an assembly with the metal parts - as opposed to just the plastic components. I would like to see the plastic portions be made of better quality material than the OEM, so hopefully you only have to buy one of them over the course of time.

The "engine turned" dash bezels and shifter trim plates. Most of these don't seem to have held up well, plus I think a lot of the woodgrain-equipped cars could be upgraded.

Power window switches.

The R/W/B quarter panel medallions for the '79 300 - or at least the plastic inserts.

"300" door / taillight medallions

Bumpers - I know, I'm dreaming on that one...

Here's a couple of big ones. Fuel tanks for the '78-79 Dodge Magnum and Chrysler Cordoba/300. Another one would be the sending unit to fit those fuel tanks.

Definitely the better plastic.

I have NOS of nearly every part mentioned, and would be glad to let you use anything to make new. Qtr's, headlight covers, NOS plastic door panels and rear (nice used) panels. Weatherstripping was done by Metro at one time (non-t roof style). I also have NOS T-top weather stripping. You can PM me and also, post this on Facebook (if you're on there), 78-79 Dodge Magnum Owner's Group. 1200+ members there. There is a market, not large mind you

In addition to the excellent suggestions thus far...
I would like to see somebody repro the elusive wiper linkage cam bushing - which I believe was originally serviced as an assembly with the metal parts - as opposed to just the plastic components. I would like to see the plastic portions be made of better quality material than the OEM, so hopefully you only have to buy one of them over the course of time.

The "engine turned" dash bezels and shifter trim plates. Most of these don't seem to have held up well, plus I think a lot of the woodgrain-equipped cars could be upgraded.

Power window switches.

The R/W/B quarter panel medallions for the '79 300 - or at least the plastic inserts.

"300" door / taillight medallions

Bumpers - I know, I'm dreaming on that one...
All of these items would be great! Especially the windshield wiper parts in metal. The OEM and re-pop plastics stuff is pretty crappy.
Thanks.

To give some perspective on the headlight doors, a pair just went for over $1300!!! Now this is an exception, but the idea is good money is being paid for these. Also the wheel well mouldings bring good $ as well.

Here's a couple of big ones. Fuel tanks for the '78-79 Dodge Magnum and Chrysler Cordoba/300. Another one would be the sending unit to fit those fuel tanks.
For what it's worth, the 78 and back is being done, don't recall right off who has them, Quanta maybe? Also, the 73-74 Charger tanks mimic the 78-79 tanks.

If the Charger tanks do work then that's half the battle. The next biggest thing would the sending units. Another thing, I see missing is the cowl to hood seals.

If the Charger tanks do work then that's half the battle. The next biggest thing would the sending units. Another thing, I see missing is the cowl to hood seals.

if memory serves, the 74 tank has the hump the 78's have, and the 73 is smaller, like the 79 style.

How about some decent tuff wheel adapters?
The ones I found on-line are crooked.

s-l1600.jpg

Being the owner of a 78 and 79 Magnum (as well as a number of other MoPars :) ) I have noticed for a number years the 75 - 79 B Bodies have been largely ignored by the aftermarket and reproduction companies....well I am here to help change that, as we are one of the original Chrysler Licensed reproduction companies, Dale's Cuda Shop, and I am interested in seeing what parts may be viable to reproduce, and what you guys would like to see produced? I would like to start with rubber pieces that nearly everyone would need or use across the board. On the more difficult pieces this would require a certain number of committed buyers to do it in the interests of keep costs reasonable. So throw out some ideas and I will see what we can do?
I would love to see repro sheet metal for the 75-79 B bodies.
Specifically quarter panels, outer wheelhouses, and trunk extensions.
75-79 Cordoba/Charger/Magnum
75-78 Fury/Coronet,Monaco too

Of the stuff listed, the interior lenses would probably be easiest but I'd put them at the bottom of the list. In typical Chrysler fashion they were used for years on other stuff. Lebaron convertible trunk lights, 80s 5th Aves, minivans through at least the 90s. My other reason is that when I noticed that, I stashed a big pile of them.

The item mentioned with the biggest market potential and worst cost to produce is the sheet metal for the tail. These days I mostly encounter garaged survivors with solid metal but the quarters / wheel houses / trunk extensions are the most common rust spot on these things.

A thing I need is the center console lid in 75-77 burgandy. There is a company out there re-popping them in 78/89 300 red and a couple other colors.

Auto Transport Service
Back