• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RESTOMOD SEATS...WHAT DO YOU HAVE?

Looks nice!

I bought some front seats from a 2013 Chrysler 200 convertible. Somewhat similar to your seats but integrated 3 point belts. Also have flip forward feature and power up/down/front/back.

I'm going to-

-strip out anything unneeded. (airbag and wiring, original brackets on sliders)

-make new mounting brackets

-anchor the rearmost part of the sliders through the subframe connector as I don't trust only the floor to hold the seat in place with the built in seat belts.

-remove chrysler 200 head rests and install 69 charger head rests

-reupholster in dark blue 69 Charger color/pattern and dye plastic parts blue.

-replace seat belts with blue belts

View attachment 573650
View attachment 573651
Nice! That will be cool! Looking forward to seeing them done!

So am I the only one that has been looking at Jeep Cherokee XJ seats???

jeep-cherokee-seat-covers-front-bucket-molded-headrest-electric-controls-J1626.jpg

Just curious I have a set of Sebring convertible seats is there a universal bracket that I could attach or would I have to fabricate something so the seats could fit in my car. 1970 sport satty

Just curious I have a set of Sebring convertible seats is there a universal bracket that I could attach or would I have to fabricate something so the seats could fit in my car. 1970 sport satty

As far as I know you would have to make something. The mounting on the floor is different depth and angles side to side.

..I attach a pic of a cheap-photoshop design I have done. What do you think?
THOSE ARE AMAZING! (even though they are only a "digital dream") Spot on true to the original look, but setup for racing.
I am so :lowdown: impressed, I downloaded the picture so I could show it again!

:lowdown:
MB737100-picsay.JPG

Having said all that, and seeing some really nice seats (for really big money)
I got a pair of Scat Procar bucket seats for around $300 a PAIR on sale. After driving around for the week of Cruisin the Coast, I'm sold, especially for the price, and they look great in my Roadrunner too!
20181002_115304.jpg
20181002_115630.jpg

I have a question for the guys that used either the newer Charger or 300 seats.Is the rear a big problem fitting?
I have a 68 Coronet 2dr hardtop and am looking at seats.

Thanks

I have a question for the guys that used either the newer Charger or 300 seats.Is the rear a big problem fitting?
I have a 68 Coronet 2dr hardtop and am looking at seats.

Thanks
I'm going to sum it up with a big YES! LOL

My 300 seat came out of one prior to the RWD models which may be easier, mine took a ton of work.

Thanks for the reply.
Was it cutting on the seat type work or modifying the floor?
I hate to be a wimp but is there anything other than a 68 seat(or a couple of 5 gal buckets) that will fit easily?

Thanks again.

My last build I used 2005 Audi tt seats, very nice!

Thanks for the reply.
Was it cutting on the seat type work or modifying the floor?
I hate to be a wimp but is there anything other than a 68 seat(or a couple of 5 gal buckets) that will fit easily?

Thanks again.
On the bottom portion it meant building a frame out of 3/4" box tubing then covering the frame in aluminum so the foam had a base whereas in the 300 it sat flat on the floor. From there you weld the original outer wire perimeter back on to fasten the cover back onto then widen the seat by adding foam. The only mods to the car itself was a couple support blocks in the rear and boxing in the forward part.

For the rear I made a whole new frame for the back making it wider and making it latch right into the original hooks.

It's all in my thread "restomod charger", I'd hate to see how many pages it's burried in now lol.

426DEBE1-12DE-46C6-9710-0CF2DEEF6B84.jpeg
60CAE3AB-B66F-4273-91BA-48464955507D.jpeg
I didn’t go the pro-touring or modern route. But I did make some changes. I wish I had saved the pic I modeled mine off of. There was a 70 RR in one of the Fast n Furious movies that had a sweet new yet fairly period interior style. I took all my interior - which was nearly perfect - and brought it to an upholstererer here in SoCal and had him replicate that style in my 68 X. I had it all done in leather - I picked out the hide, color and the whole nine yards. Turned out quite nice. Very comfortable, looks great and is still close enough to period correct to satisfy me. I love the feel and smell of leather. I’m happy with it. Sorry but the back seat pic is kind of blurry. Only ones I have right now.

Man I love those seats GetXd.
Unfortunately when I got this car there wasn't a rear seat in it and I didn't know how hard they are to find and expensive.

Something will turn up I guess.

I've got a full set of 2014 Dodge Challenger seats, front and back that are going in my 1967 Belvedere convertible . . they are very comfortable

Could you share a picture of both front and rear?

Almost finished, just need to do the levers and switch buttons in chrome.

when fabricating brackets I am curious how hard is this to do? what kind of skills do you need? I have not welded anything yet but I do have a tig welder. so my comfort level is not that high.

I have sebring convertible seats that have integrated seatbelts with power.

Auto Transport Service
Back