• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restore that washer reservoir?

Auggie56

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:05 PM
Reaction score
The materials he's using are flashed on the upper left corner but not everyone would understand it without looking it up. Question about a source for acid? I use white vinegar to clean rusty parts. Anyway, save some cash for minimal labor. Question on the video, with acid change the state of the plastic? I found no answer to that.

Thanks for the video Auggie. The thing that I have noticed more than cleaning the reservoir is that 40+ year old plastic tends to be dry rotted and brittle.

what acid?

Video said taken down? Any info on acid (beepbeepRR's) correct? What's the process to clean reservoir ?

Its not taken down you just have to click the link "Watch it on youtube" in that message that pops up.

According to a Google search, the product he is using is sulfamic acid, which (again according to google) is a less irritating version of Hydrochloric Acid (pool acid). Sulfuric acid could probably be used equally as effective (you can buy it in pool stores as non-fuming pool acid).

Anybody try this? Noticed at 50 seconds in he pours in acid activator but doesn't say or list what it is? The acid is available on ebay cheap but search for activator nothing .

Bought the 1lb of the acid and mixed it with 3 gal of water. Put in reservoir let it soak. After 2 weeks NO DIFFERENCE. If you watch video carefully he gloss' over when adds an acid activator. Don't waste time or money unless you know what the activator is!

Not a Mopar, just a used car that I'm detailing but I thought I would share. (This was just one application)

I've seen several videos of people restoring their radiator overflow bottles and most are using an acid of somekind. I thought, hey I have some aluminium wheel cleaner that contains acid.
20210114_194802-jpg.jpg
20210114_194822-jpg.jpg
20210114_202026-jpg.jpg
20210114_202054-jpg.jpg

20210114_194833-jpg.jpg

20210114_203509-jpg.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back