• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Resurfaced my flywheel now my clutch pedal sets higher than my brake pedal

Pedal stop should be the same. Flywheel thickness has nothing to do with pedal height. Adjustment will change the air gap but the pedal height is controlled by the stop pad. The stop pad is fixed so if you took the rod off before you could pull the pedal up to where it is now. Your previous set up and rod adjustment must of been limiting the pedal height. You most likely do not have an over center spring.

As the disk wears, or, in your case surfacing your flywheel, you will lose pedal free play. This can be adjusted on the rod connected to your z-bar. If you have everything correct, when fully engaged, pedal should come up high enough that the over center spring will take the pedal up to the pedal stop, thus pulling your throwout bearing back slightly from the fingers on your pressure plate.

As the disk wears, or, in your case surfacing your flywheel, you will lose pedal free play. This can be adjusted on the rod connected to your z-bar. If you have everything correct, when fully engaged, pedal should come up high enough that the over center spring will take the pedal up to the pedal stop, thus pulling your throwout bearing back slightly from the fingers on your pressure plate.
Correction: You will lose play as disk wears, but will gain play when surfacing flywheel. I would think this would be minimal unless it needed a lot of material removed.

Adjust it. You removed material, the pedal will move when you do that.

Auto Transport Service
Back