Road Runner Market - Soft or Strong?

1968 -1970 Mopars

1. Canadian1968CoronetR/T

Canadian1968CoronetR/T Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:43 AM
    You hit the nail, on the head good write up,
    just new to this finding it hard to do what I would like because of prices.

2. jslionheart1

jslionheart1 Active Member

Local Time:
    5:43 AM
    Thanks for everyone's input!

I can understand that feeling; however I view my decision a bit differently. That is, I won't restore my RR to 1969 specs, rather I'd update the components to today's technology (i.e., I'd resto-mod it instead of cloning it). If I were able to land a hemi car, it would most likely be done as a restoration, and I'd keep it that way. Like I said, I'd be happy with either car, and it's exciting to think about, but I'm unsure what's possible with my budget.

3. dangina

dangina Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:43 AM
    being 33, I can say out of my group of friends I'm the ONLY one who has even thought about, let alone owning and building a classic musclecar. Part is due to my dad owning numerous mopars himself and i'm just lucky growing up around them, otherwise i'd probably be sinking my money into a EVO or Skyline or GTR right now and who could blame me? the cars nowadays are great daily drivers, handle like thier on rails and get decent gas mileage and have 5 star safety ratings to boot. I hate to say it but I see more guys now (around my age or younger) restoring or building classic toyotas and nissans. The aftermarket is their, their cheap cheap cheap to buy and weigh nothing. True some won't hold thier value as the classic muscle, but unless the values drop, the only time we'll see these old girls in the future will be in parades....

4. jslionheart1

Local Time:
    Update - The Blue RR was bid to $60,000 but didn't sell. The Red RR was bid to $55,000 and did sell.

5. Bruzilla

Bruzilla Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:43 AM
    Both those cars would have easily broken $100+k before 2008, so anyone who thinks things haven't changed since then are living in denial. :)

6. jslionheart1

Local Time:
    Sad but true...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.