• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadbird's 1970 Roadrunner restoration.

Just sat down and read your entire thread. I'm glad you got inside a nice garage instead of the tent. One step at a time replacing metal and eventually it will come together. The car will look great with the color you are thinking of.

Thanks and like your avatar btw. I'm planning on buying a large Kellogg American air compressor soon this month for a really good price. I don't want to post a pic yet until I buy it and know for sure it's mine. I'm afraid someone might snatch that deal under my nose that's why. Anyways gonna keep everybody here posted of the progress as the patient is being operated on, slowly but surely.

**SLOW IS SMOOTH! SMOOTH IS FAST**

Thanks and like your avatar btw. I'm planning on buying a large Kellogg American air compressor soon this month for a really good price. I don't want to post a pic yet until I buy it and know for sure it's mine. I'm afraid someone might snatch that deal under my nose that's why. Anyways gonna keep everybody here posted of the progress as the patient is being operated on, slowly but surely.

**SLOW IS SMOOTH! SMOOTH IS FAST**

Thumbs up to that!!!

Well just bought a distributor for my 383 and waiting for it's arrival. $50 bucks thru paypal. Nice; modern technology yeah LOL.

Having some issues with delivery of parts purchased from other members here. Obviously paypal has my old address when I updated it back in 2011. I don't know whats the deal but hoping anybody here can help me out? The seller shipped it already awhile ago and he said that he used the address that paypal provided which was a very old address. So what happens from there? Is it sent back to the shipper or do they try to find my new address?

Is there anyone living at your old address? ask them to call you when the stuff gets there.

Went to my old apt. address and found out from the management office that it did arrived there last week and they sent it back to the post office. Don't know if it's on it's way back to the person I bought it from. But we are tracking it and he'll resend it to my new address.

For my Roadrunner.

Look what I found. :headbang:

Attachments

• photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 365
  • photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 368
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 382
  • photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 368
It's a Dana with 3.55:1 gear ratio. Already thinking about upgrading it with some 4.10:1 planetary and pinion gears. I still haven't opened it yet but my guess is it's a sure grip. Hoping it's a clutch type too. The brakes are complete but the brake drums are two different types one the newer finned version on the right passenger side and the flared out ends on the driver side. So happy I found these not too far from where I live.:headbang:

Last edited:
Oh you bet. Even with a mildly stroked 383 H.P. Thinking to .30 over bore and try the Stealth heads set up mentioned in the latest article in Mopar Muscle titled Stealth Fighter.

Getting ready.

For some blasting.

Attachments

• photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 302
  • photo(5).JPG
    photo(5).JPG
    52 KB · Views: 302
  • photo(6).JPG
    photo(6).JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 308
  • photo(7).JPG
    photo(7).JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 307
  • photo(8).JPG
    photo(8).JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 313
One of the most priceless tools in a garage! Good deal. Looks like all your ducks are lining right up.

Already planned and getting the rotisserie by the 15th of this month. In the mean time I'll be blasting and drilling out factory tack welds to replace and repair metal panels. So what do you think? Any advice and comments are welcomed. Thanks.

Roadbird, since you posted and asked for comments, that air compressor is good for filling tires, and some small air tools, blasting is an no-go at this station. Even the smallest sandblasting rig requires double the cfm your's has. You're fixxin to waste a lot of time undertaking this this way. I only say this because I did the same thing myself and wasted precious resources and time. Send your stuff out bro, focus on what you can do, if you just have to get your blasting fix, do a fender and start the clock for timekeeping, take before and after pix and post your findings. Good luck!

Roadbird, since you posted and asked for comments, that air compressor is good for filling tires, and some small air tools, blasting is an no-go at this station. Even the smallest sandblasting rig requires double the cfm your's has. You're fixxin to waste a lot of time undertaking this this way. I only say this because I did the same thing myself and wasted precious resources and time. Send your stuff out bro, focus on what you can do, if you just have to get your blasting fix, do a fender and start the clock for timekeeping, take before and after pix and post your findings. Good luck!

X2 on the blasting,i tried it with one that size and it dont work very well.Most air tools will work with it.A D/A and inline air file take a ton to run and mine works well with them.

X3....I run one a bit bigger than that (2 Stage). Will run most air tools. Will also run my cabinet blaster and Eastwood 100# Blaster. I spot blast small areas and small parts with it. Wouldn't try blasting a car with it. Would take hours and hours and hours.....Ok, more like days. I'd take Donny's advice on any large amount of blasting. My Cabinet blaster is priceless and I use it all the time. I would recommend you plumb in a real good Air/Water/Oil separator and Regulator. An auto oiler is real slick for air tools. Also, a dryer/desiccant system if you're looking for dry air (like for spray guns). Design in traps and drains if you're plumbing throughout your garage.

Auto Transport Service
Back