• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Root Beer - like or dislike ???

How many here actually like the taste of Root beer? And WHY?

• Love it

Votes: 69 88.5%
  • Loath it

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Drink it to fit in with the crowd

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Drink it all the time and Love it.

Votes: 5 6.4%

• Total voters

kiwigtx

Henchman #4 and Jack-Stand Racer #2
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:08 AM
Reaction score
So we had a family dinner out last night for my older son's birthday. At a local "American" styled Diner....and I decided to try a Root Beer Float. I was looking forward to the new taste experience....but what I got instead has immunised me against several known communicable diseases for at least the next 5 years. :rolleyes:

The taste and smell combined allowed me to only chug about half of it down....after that I had this incredible urge to purge my guts all over the place. reminded me of a smell similar to Horse Liniment, mixed with Vicks Vapor-rub.

My question is - How many here actually like the taste of Root beer? And WHY?

Answers below please. I personally cannot see the attraction. BTW it was a can of AW Root beer with Vanilla Ice Cream. No pics of that due to my disdain for the taste.

rootbeer-is-gross-on-inngur-its-the-black-jellybean-of-19385668.png

there's a A+W in Dexter, Mi. work around there alot. stop in there about 4 times a year, always get a draft in a glass mug.

Richardsons rootbeer was my favorite, don't know if they're still in business. Worked at a place that sold it in the 70's. They stopped selling it, because minimum purchase 100 cases. A case was 4, 1 gallon cans.

I've liked root beer forever as well as with good quality vanilla ice cream.

Perhaps you got a bad batch or were you eating a vegemite sandwich with it, lol!

IBC - great stuff, but Breyer's quit selling their vanilla bean and that sucks -

Root Beer floats were a staple in the house with me and my girls . . .

You must have gotten a bad brew, or the ice cream was soured ? I never touch soda, but will break that rule for a root beer float, when the hot weather is upon us, a few times a year...

depends on the brand.
i happen to like a&w diet root beer.
others, taste different (obviously), some too strong, too bitter, too weak, too sweet.
tried some 'hard' root beer. waaaay too sweet for me.
(i changed to diet, years ago, when boy2 was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, as an example for him. i cannot drink regular pop anymore, as it's too sweet for me)

I don't drink root beer all the time, but I have drank a lot over the years.

A&W is good from the tap. Not as good when bottled. IBC is some of the best. Same thing with Stewart's. There's a few other non-national brands that are really good too. Barq's is another good one that's found everywhere. It's my go to choice if I'm out and about. MUG is good but foams up a little too much.

We tried making some root beer one time. It didn't turn out too well. Figured we'd better stick to buying it. Lol

When you have a good craft Root Beer and good quality vanilla bean ice cream then they are good. Personally I like Mexican coke (made with cane sugar) with vanilla bean ice cream for coke float, but only when its warm weather.

There's nothing like a big swig of root beer swallowed with air when you have to really get a deep down belch out of your system! I can dig it!

Auto Transport Service
Back