• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Root Beer - like or dislike ???

How many here actually like the taste of Root beer? And WHY?

• Love it

Votes: 69 88.5%
  • Loath it

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Drink it to fit in with the crowd

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Drink it all the time and Love it.

Votes: 5 6.4%

• Total voters
I like A&W Root beer #1 & Hires (?), real root beers
so much different than the fake knockoffs
I grew up on A&W drive ins & Dairy Queen drive ins
Root Beer Floats were a staple of my youth...

I don't drink it much now, but I still like it...
I don't drink much of any carbonated drinks anymore...

I also enjoyed Cream Soda, haven't had a real cream soda in years...

Like Sarsaparilla (a lot like real root beer) it's an acquired taste

Henry Weinhards (spell ?)
has a nice "designer, hoity toidy, fancy smancy" root beer too
they have a great cream soda too

Last edited:
I like even stranger "root" beers, like ginger beer, birch beer, and sasparilla.

Barq's or 1919 for me. I think you can only get the 1919 in kegs.(used to at least). Some others are too sweet or too bland.

Edit....1919 has more options now. I see it's a midwest thing.

Screenshot_20190314-175110_Chrome.jpg

Root beer is pretty good. You must have gotten a cheap brand of ice cream. You need a more premium brand, or homemade. A really good ice cream doesn't need chocolate syrup

Love it. A&W is a few miles away. Other ones are not as good except maybe IBC. It helps to drink it before anything else that is sweet too. Letting the vanilla melt a bit is also good. Sounds like the soda tank nozzle was not adjusted right to mix it. Try a can of it with vanilla.

If you thought A&W was bad you should head to Lancaster, Pa and get Amish root beer at the market. I like root beer but the Amish stuff really bad and not carbonated.

Now, if you wanna try something good, crack open a can of Moxie and pour it over ice............good stuff!

I like most root beer but not with the vanilla, I like the clear Birch Beer also the red Birch Beer can be spicy

Grew up drinking theses.. Not sure how well wide spread they sold them. But fantastic root beer.
DSC_1299.jpg

My "Mother's side" Grand Mother (From Ireland) "Nanna" actually made it for us in ...say, about 1963...and I was 9 at the time...DE-LI-CI-OUS!
I have NO Clue how she did it,

I do not drink colas but root beer straight and cold also sprite with rye

i like root beer taste great ice cold

Frostie was around along with Dads and Hires when I was a kid. AW also, I used to like root beer but have not had a bottle in years.
Going to have to try one again LOL.

I like Barq's,family has always been into Coca Cola products

Auto Transport Service
Back