• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Royal purple

If the engine is not broken in then you should use "break in" oil.
And definitely not synthetic until a after a couple oil changes of running conventional mineral oil.
The motor is broke in now I’m not sure if I want to go synthetic is it that much better? I am going to use the Lucas hot rod and classic 10W-40

Never said anything was I just haven’t ran any synthetic in her so im just gonna stick with the 10w40

The Autozone near me doesn’t even carry 10w-40. Anything. They do have 0w-16 Wesson cooking oil. :D

Sure is pretty clean on the inside

9FE82A37-CBFC-4B3D-A785-948D2EDB943F.jpeg

B24881FF-B254-4117-A1C8-EF17649D0D3D.jpeg

I would use syn oil once the engine has 2000 miles on it. It could save your engine.....
Syn oil retains it lubricating ability to a higher temp than min oil. The rod/main brgs is where the real heat is generated from friction created by the speed differential of the moving parts.

You disagree that additives can work?
Fair enough. Everybody has their own thought out opinion, I respect yours.
The problem is, you simply don't know what the additive package that is already in the oil would do with any supplement.
The chemistry of each may not be compatible with each other and in a worst case scenario, they may reduce protection instead of increase it.
It is like mixing paint chemicals from different manufacturers. You don't know how they will interact.
I've read for years that additives may separate from the oil and not even blend meaning it is wasted money.

I use Pennzoil synthetic. Its made from natural gas.

Actually i bought it because it was on sale but I just want to keep the oil thread going.

I will probably go synthetic on my next oil change.

I always used Lucas Oil in the X - after break in. Had plenty of zinc and I would buy it by the case from Summit. I treated the car like a baby after restoration so I’ve No real value comment on the sustainability of the product. Just read up on different brands and chose that one.

I will probably go synthetic on my next oil change.
You can go to synthetic and still have plenty of zinc with Mobil-1 15W-50. I think that has about 1300ppm. It's actually made for flat tappet cams.

I don’t think I need that heavy of a weight I just run 10w40 with Zinc I just put in some lucas hot rod and classic.

Auto Transport Service
Back