• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RT Specialties

dragrazor

Local time
8:51 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know Tom personally ? that is owner of RT specialties in Falls PA ordered parts 2 weeks ago, can not get a phone call answered or email response. Hope he is ok ?

You've got a better chance of getting a sharp stick out of your eye and still able to see.
Customer service is awful.

You've got a better chance of getting a sharp stick out of your eye and still able to see.
Customer service is awful.

Ditto that. Had the same experience but the parts did eventually arrive. From the time I ordered, until arrival was 3 weeks, no answer to email, no shipping confirmation or tracking number. By contrast i get stuff from Suppliers on the East coast in 4 to 5 days. ( to Northern Washington)

I placed an order Monday and hadn't heard from him so I called this morning and got through on the 3rd ring. Tom said my parts shipped Tuesday and should be delivered on Friday. He is a one man company. So, don't compare his company with the likes of Summit or Classic Industries who have minions doing the support, sales, etc. Tom does it all by himself.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
I don't but have ordered parts from him before. Often hard to get a hold of but he always came through for me and fairly quickly. This was several years ago though...

I order from him all the time. Usually order on a Sat. or Sun. and parts are here by Tues., Wed.
Ron

My experience with him is not good. I tried to order parts but had to give up since communication didn't work.

I'd highly recommend Mr Moparts here outside of Phoenix AZ. Great customer service, and they carry or can get any of the fasteners R/T Specialties can get (in fact they make some for him). They will be featured on the 18 Nov episode of Graveyard Carz. They supply Mark Worman with a bunch of fasteners and fuel lines, brake lines, gasket sets, etc for his rebuilds...

Mark

I've had good luck with him over the past few years. Get him talking about the dear leader & you'll never get off the phone with him!

Tom is a great guy, he is a man of his word. Don't worry and like cranium said just bring up the discussion of president Disaster and you are in for a unloading. I usually call him and announce my self as hey man it's barrack wanna smoke a dubie?

I've bought from him several times over the years and never had any problems.

RT

I've bought from him several times over the years and never had any problems.
Thanks for all the replies, he hasn't charged my card, so wasn't worried grabbed the money and ran or anything, was just trying to make sure wasn't sick or in an accident. Could be poor timing on my phone call bizz, but have tried all times of the day. Thanks for all the input

MRMoparts has changed, if you ever got anything from them in the past you were lucky, they never answer their phone and screwed up an order than did arrive. I will not do business with them again. This pandemic put a lot of things up in the air and supply chains have been disrupted, I just want honesty from the suppliers. I also bought a radio from the Classic Radio guy on Ebay, paid in advance and that was in May and still giving me the factory has no parts story. My recommendation is deal with the companies you know, and ask questions, don't order on-line make the call, if you get no answer that might be a good indicator, because it does not get any better when you have an issue. Just my two cents worth.

I never has an issue either, but it's been about 10-years since I got parts for the convertible.
Always had good success with Tom, going back to when he was in AZ. Think he doesn’t take early morning phone calls to easily. Way back he pioneered a lot of parts.

Ditto that. Had the same experience but the parts did eventually arrive. From the time I ordered, until arrival was 3 weeks, no answer to email, no shipping confirmation or tracking number. By contrast i get stuff from Suppliers on the East coast in 4 to 5 days. ( to Northern Washington)
I ordered parts from a supplier on the US Eastern seaboard on Sept 1 received on October 24th.
Letter from Saskatoon to Calgary 400 miles 5 days.I heard patience is a virtue. So I try to do other things while waiting.

Auto Transport Service
Back