• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rules for men. Let's discuss.

image010.jpg

I would like to think that we don't have anyone on here that would even consider hitting or hurting a woman,that's just not cool or acceptable.

My wife is 5'3" 115#, pretty scrappy, knows how to use tools, and is smart enough to know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em...and when to run.
Mine was really close to that height at a 5'2" and change and was 100# or a bit under when we met in 70 but she developed an appetite when she was pregnant and was eating for 3 and kept on eating and hit 180.

My favorite !!
My favorite !!
This is pretty much the only thing my wife ever does that gets to me. I get upset if, it needs to come out it will right then and there and then it’s over. She gets upset (she’s Asian) and it’s mostly because she feels I disrespected her in some way - She goes into her sonar mode and can hold it for a remarkably long time before I decide that’s enough and give her a hug and say let’s move on. Then shes back to her sweet, funny chipper caring way. I try very hard never to inadvertently hurt her feelings - when she first came her - Wow. American men are typically pretty direct and to the point. That was so foreign to her and she was so sensitive I thought this will never work….. 22 yrs later we’ve figured it out.

My add to the thread: When you get or give directions to a place - make sure they don’t stop half way. All the way to the door would be nice. I could tell you some now pretty funny stories …

This is pretty much the only thing my wife ever does that gets to me. I get upset if, it needs to come out it will right then and there and then it’s over. She gets upset (she’s Asian) and it’s mostly because she feels I disrespected her in some way - She goes into her sonar mode and can hold it for a remarkably long time before I decide that’s enough and give her a hug and say let’s move on. Then shes back to her sweet, funny chipper caring way. I try very hard never to inadvertently hurt her feelings - when she first came her - Wow. American men are typically pretty direct and to the point. That was so foreign to her and she was so sensitive I thought this will never work….. 22 yrs later we’ve figured it out.

My add to the thread: When you get or give directions to a place - make sure they don’t stop half way. All the way to the door would be nice. I could tell you some now pretty funny stories …
I found the cultural reference interesting, because my wife is wired the same, and she is the antithesis of someone new to the culture. I've always tended to be pretty direct when I was off duty (business was a whole different animal as you well know.) I learned early in our marriage not to do that at home. In retirement, I got a bit sloppy as I got away from my work persona, and it bit me. The dynamic is she is allowed to pick at me, but she won't accept the reverse. She is totally aware of the process, and when I'm on top of my game, I try not to set off any land mines. In my foolish youth, I would sometimes do it on purpose, but I was smart enough to break the habit.

My wife is incredibly direct.

It was a selling point.

Neither of us is good at suffering fools, either, although we must due to our side businesses.

One of my favorite wife quotes- "why don't you just say you want sex?"

OK, not a problem.

My wife is incredibly direct.

It was a selling point.

Neither of us is good at suffering fools, either, although we must due to our side businesses.

One of my favorite wife quotes- "why don't you just say you want sex?"

OK, not a problem.
Just don't say 'I wanna F......'

My sheila is half my age, been together 2 years. She's a good person, can be moody but goes really well with my teenage daughter. She doesn't try to change me and I don't try to change her. There is mutual acceptance of our defects. Having said that, all those rules apply to the T. Women are a different breed, most reasoning is based on emotions to the detriment of logic.

I’ve read before…..
Men meet women and don’t ever want them to change.
Women meet men and set about to change them.

Boy did I get lucky…Mary is the coolest woman that I have ever met. She doesn’t nag, doesn’t bitch and doesn’t try to change me.
Great lady! We celebrate our 21st anniversary in about 2 weeks!

View attachment 1534782
Stranger things have happened I think or so I've heard

I would like to think that we don't have anyone on here that would even consider hitting or hurting a woman,that's just not cool or acceptable.

Absolutely not 99.9% of the time but you really shouldn't be hitting anyone unless they are attacking you.

If I'm faced with Lizzo throwing haymakers you're damn right I'll hit back.

(actually no I'd probably run)

:D

I hit one woman, one time.... She attacked me, punches, clawed, spit... I tried getting in my car and leaving.. She jumped on the hood & bent both wiper arms backward... I got out of the car she got in my face. I dropped her.... Felt terrible for days, I was raised to never strike a woman & I broke the rule... Forty years later I still don't feel good about it.. I think she learned something that day, Can't push quite that far....

I hit one woman, one time.... She attacked me, punches, clawed, spit... I tried getting in my car and leaving.. She jumped on the hood & bent both wiper arms backward... I got out of the car she got in my face. I dropped her.... Felt terrible for days, I was raised to never strike a woman & I broke the rule... Forty years later I still don't feel good about it.. I think she learned something that day, Can't push quite that far....

One key detail was left out …... How were her boobs?

Auto Transport Service
Back