• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rust free dessert 71 Charger R / T project.

Yes, when I can't get any more done on one,I try to get something done on the other. I have a friend of mine who owes me a paint job, so I am going to try to get him to get paint on this 71 Charger R/T this year if I can. I have to buy all the paint and bodywork supplies, but he owes me the labor part of the job.

aaab11df4685f23a474c7456d96f47307a009c87.jpg

That sure looks like the car Pops. I was up in the loft looking for some parts for the 70 V code Charger R/T,and I found a complete set of brand new Charger and R/T script emblems that I had bought for a 71 Charger R/T.and a new set of stainless long Charger machine gun exhaust tips for this car. I am in parts gathering mode on this car now.

I am in parts gathering mode, so today I went to the Lebanon valley Mopar show and scored a pair of original NOS 440 Magnum hood emblems. I had NOS emblems for the rest of the car, except for the hood emblems, now I have a full set!
20210912_191421.jpg

I was up in the loft looking for some parts for the 70 V code Charger R/T,and I found a .......

I'd love to have a loft like that where I stumble upon cool parts that I forgot that I had!

Mopar's at the valley had many treasures today:thumbsup:...... I'm sure there were more members there but chargervert .... 3 white 74..... And Richard cranium were all in attendance a star-studded cast

Mopar's at the valley had many treasures today:thumbsup:...... I'm sure there were more members there but chargervert .... 3 white 74..... And Richard cranium were all in attendance a star-studded cast

It was great seeing everyone and all the cool cars! RC had a bad day with the 68 Charger R/T. Hopefully when he gets the engine pulled the damage is minimal. He was in good spirits considering how the day started out for him. He just couldn't tell me enough how much he loved my hair! I was blushing! Lol! The bee looked great Steve, and the A12 car and its story were cool as hell. It was a great time.

I'd love to have a loft like that where I stumble upon cool parts that I forgot that I had!

KD,sometimes when I get back from the shows, the parts end up in my loft and I forget what I bought so when I go up there looking for things it's like Christmas morning everytime! The problem is sometimes I buy the same thing that I already have up in the loft because I didn't remember that I already got it. So my solution has been to buy another car to use the parts I bought twice on. So far it has worked!

Yep, I too have bought things that I already had. Lucky for me, I have never spent too much for the duplicate parts.

It's finally getting warm enough to get back out in the garage. I spent about an hour blocking the car yesterday. I'm going to try to do a little every time I have some extra time.

Well I left my beer unattended and last night I was slipped another roofie! I woke up not knowing what happened to me again, for the third time this week and it's only Monday! Lol. That said I finished blocking the roof and other than three or four minor imperfections the roof is very straight. Those should come out in the next round of blocking after the car gets another coat of high build primer. Worst case scenario is that they might require a dab of polyester putty.

20220626_195314.jpg

20220626_195453.jpg

I know that it's not all that exciting blocking it's even less exciting when you are actually doing it! Lol But I made some more progress on the car,I finished the upper side of the drivers side door and rear quarter,and half the hood before calling it a day! Happy 4th of July everyone, and God Bless America!

20220704_181821.jpg

That's a lot of elbow grease!! SMOOOOTTTHHH!!! Looks good

Auto Transport Service
Back