• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Satellite Sport?

Steve1967

Local time
5:20 AM
Reaction score
I have a 67 Satellite. My title, etc list the car as a Sport model. I have searched EVERYWHERE I know of to find out what constitutes the car as a Sport? I see no "extras" that make it different. Anyone know?

As far as I know, the "sport" option came out in 1968 & was a higher trim option.

There you go sport.

:thumbsup:

I have a 68 Sport. As far as I can tell, it is a gentlemans GTX. 383 vs 440 and a few trim pieces.
Could put GTX badges on it and few could tell...Hood, Bucket seats, Console, trunk moulding the same. As for a 67 I am not sure.

I have a 1969 Sport Satellite convertible. It shares the same taillight buckets as the GTX with are deeper then the regular satellite or RR. It has the same trim mostly, the same grill and the same trunk finish panel as the GTX. Mine is a 383 2 barrel but it also could have a 4 barrel and dual exhaust. Mine came with a 8 1/4 rear. I understand the 4 barrel had the 8 3/4

I have a 1969 Sport Satellite convertible. It shares the same taillight buckets as the GTX with are deeper then the regular satellite or RR. It has the same trim mostly, the same grill and the same trunk finish panel as the GTX. Mine is a 383 2 barrel but it also could have a 4 barrel and dual exhaust. Mine came with a 8 1/4 rear. I understand the 4 barrel had the 8 3/4
My 69 is a 318 2bbl with an 8 3/4.

ii'm guessing there was a sport satellite in 67
or why else would that name ever appear on the title?
its not like you pull that name from your *** and put it on a title.

start researching old brochures for options for 67 satellites and gtx
it might be like a 68 option wise
and you can check with the hamtrack historical web site and see if something is listed there.

As stated, a Sport Satellite is pretty much a GTX without the 440. Don't recall one for '67, though.

ii'm guessing there was a sport satellite in 67
or why else would that name ever appear on the title?
its not like you pull that name from your *** and put it on a title.

Actually, it is. I've seen a lot of screwy things on titles such as wrong numbers, colors, etc.

yeah but the name is a biggy for them on a title
on my road runner
it only says 1971 ply for the name and that is it.
but the numbers are all there

I, too, thought Sport started in 68. As far as chrome, etc there was no body chrome , badges or any extras when purchased. It has a 440 transported in it, auto floor shift with console and bucket seats. That's it. No A/C or any upgrades. No history on any 67 that I can find.

This is it.

20161217_101119.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back