• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saw some planes today

ESOXER

Local time
7:26 AM
Reaction score
Was washing the Cummins and heard a crazy rumbling and what looked to be 13 WW2 planes flew by, it was right out of a movie. Then I remembered my employee said he was going to the fly-in this weekend. If you've never been its awesome if you like planes and jets. Here's the link

https://www.eaa.org/airventure

Where about an hour north of Oshkosh

Have about 50 customers so far on the ramp that would rather drive to Oshkosh then fly into EAA Oshkosh

Lost alot of business on those same principles because of the rental car shortage this year

Tomorrow is another day

GRB

We had several fly over about noon yesterday. The were heading from K.I.Sawyer to Ontonagon's airfield.

We are headed up there Thursday after work . A good friend will be hawking his wares there . He's offered accommodations and free passes .

My home is on the fly over track when Sun N Fun is on... Sun N Fun is the 2nd largest air show in America ( Florida) after Oshkosh......
A few years ago 3 B26 bombers ( in formation) were buzzing the town the day before the show started.. They went over my home many times at what seemed like tree top level... The noise was incredible, my entire house shook.. It was the greatest..
OF COURSE some chicken shits complained so it has not happened again..

My dad took me and my brother there in 1972. After 49 years, my memory is vague. I do recall that we flew out on a 747, stayed in a college dorm & the WWII planes looked huge to me.

when we see or hear plane/s
it is usually is not a good or comforting sound

usually means fire watch
my biggest fear, living in the Sierras

I love going to the lil' Air Show,
down in Lil' ol' Columbia Ca. near here
lots of WWII, Korea & Viet Nam era planes
some other non Military planes too
last one had like 40+ planes
cool watching landing & take offs
they had an old 3 engine Ford
corrugated steel sides, forget the name of it
I was from like 1929 (?), maybe earlier

Also a few WWI bi & tri winged truly vintage aircraft too
American, UK & German, never did see them fly
man they looked flimsy as hell, no protection for anything
those guys had 'Huge Balls'

& a lil' car show to boot

didn't have it 2020 :jackoff: Chinese Wuhan Flu/SARS Covid BS
we were out of lockdown up here by June 2020

not sure we will have it in 2021

Last edited:
I have a friend from Oregon who belongs to a Warbird club.. When I lived in Oregon he invited me to alot of the monthly meetings.

They always had a speaker at each one.. A thud pilot from Vietnam, a huey driver, Vietnam, all I can remember now, but I do remember how bright all of military pilots were who spoke at these meetings.

An amazing part is some of the Hangars I was in... Some of these hangar owners had ALOT of money... One had 4 F104 fighters, one was a two seat trainer..

Very enjoyable times and AMAZING planes that are among us.......

Weather moved in last night

Honestly we must have taken hundreds of calls for aircraft from Oshkosh , and our own ramp for Hangar space last night

Only have so much hangar space available based on my monthly customers

However

I was able to accommodate these bad boys last night out of the EAA

They went back this morning
38172A6C-B144-457E-A29B-6BF6D4FBBFC3.jpeg
55381054-FFC5-4EC0-A3CC-FF0845A47E98.jpeg
9894A238-B6A2-40EE-99E2-CECF3005D34E.jpeg
E9382ABE-21DD-4BEE-B912-EBB67D213FDC.jpeg
124788E4-0D2C-4F91-95DC-95B1906A8678.jpeg
804979F7-403F-41E0-8B69-1791767F7CC5.jpeg

GRB

Auto Transport Service