• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SB Motor Mounts

rebootej

Local time
5:30 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys, I've got 74 Satellite with a 318. My motor mounts are tearing after only 8 years. I'm having a hard time finding the correct mounts in stock the few I can find are back-ordered over a month. I need the spool style I think it's called?

Does anyone make a better version of these mounts than stock?

I think Schumacher used to but they went out of business, however someone else is supposedly redoing their products. Have you considered a torque strap to limit the amount of engine movement? I don't know if they work with spool type mounts but I would think they should.

I have not, I could look into it. Oddly enough it's the passenger's side that looks worse I thought usually the driver's sides had the problems.

Rock Auto shows these.
Do they look correct?
upload_2022-3-2_6-31-21.png

Yes, get the urethane inserts. They work great.

Not really hard to install, the hardest part is getting all of the old rubber out of your original mounts. As I mentioned before, you may have to cut, press, or even burn the old ones out. Once you have cleaned out the metal pieces as best you can, you should be able to put the urethane inserts in with little effort.

Mark

Nos Mopar ones are always on ebay.

Auto Transport Service
Back