• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scoop or no scoop??

TO SCOOP / OR NOT TO SCOOP

• Total voters

CUDACOLLINS

Local time
3:13 PM
Reaction score
I am building a '62 Plymouth Fury max wedge clone. Although the '62's didn't come from the factory with a scoop, I just liked the look.It's come just about time to install the max wedge scoop. Here's some details, it's wet slick black with red interior, 4-speed, 500 inch (678 hp) stroker, dana 60. I was totally positive when we started the project that we would install a max wedge scoop. Then my friend ask me " you sure you want to install the MW scoop? I think it would be the ultimate sleeper without it." Then I started thinking, maybe I shouldn't , maybe he has a point. Help me out, I can't decide now. I'll let you guys decide. Please vote for or against. :dontknow::dontknow:

As Nike says....Just do it!!!!

i dont think its gonna be much of a sleeper with 678HP !!! .... scoop all the way

Get an fiberglass bolt on hood and put the scoop on it.. Then switch them out whenever...

yes definetly do the scoop!!!

This reminds me of when I ordered my truck. I had always planned to order it with cab clearance lights. Then as I was actually getting closer to ordering it, I had second thoughts. But I did order it with them, and I've been glad ever since that I stuck with my original wishes. Of course, you can always add the scoop later if you change your mind (easier than the other way around). But I vote yes on the scoop - that's what you've wanted all along. Go for it!

I wanna see a pic with it sitting on the hood and one without.To hard to make a call without pics.

here a german sport fury ride:

1962-plymouth-sport-fury-hardtop-572-ci.jpg

I was in the same boat with my 63. But as a friend said...........once I put the scoop on I will never want to take it off. Here is my 63 without the scoop..

atmdline.jpg

And here it is with the scoop. I will never take it off and I did use a glass hood as I saved my original hood even though it will never go back on. :) I think the 62's look great with the Max Wedge scoop. :yes: Ron

grove4.jpg

It sounds like you favor the scoop, so go ahead and add it. I think you'll be glad in the long run.

It's your car. You should build it the way YOU want. Just be ready for the "self importants" that will give you grief, cause "they" are smarter than the rest of us:angry3:

Auto Transport Service
Back