• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seam Sealer suggestions

B392Hemi

Local time
2:19 AM
Reaction score
While in the process of replacing a section of the floor pan of my '65 Coronet, I'll be removing all that old black tar stuff Mopar had used. What type/brand seam sealer are you fellas using? The metal is cleaned, and then a coat or two of Rust Bullet has been applied in the areas I'm working on. The entire floor pan will be eventually cleaned and painted, so I wanted a good sealer for each of the many panel joints in the car.

Thanks
Bob
http://www.shoalwaterbay.com/coronet/1965Dodge.html

I use 3M brushable seam sealer. Works great, stinks bad !

ODH

When you make note of PL Premium, is the product, HENKEL 10.2 PL PREMIUM ADHESIVE P73948125 the same. I see this one on a couple web sites, price is excellent. Adhesive vs. sealant?

Thanks, looks like this might be the right product. I saw several on the net for $5 each, plus shipping.

I use the 3M brushable seam sealer as well. Don't use the Fast 'N Firm stuff in a tube, it dries and cracks in a couple days.

Auto Transport Service
Back