• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat cover "How Too"

The decorative center piece was installed on all (4) seats in 67.
In 66 there was no decorative center piece. All the pictures (except the last) are the original seats -- just the way they came. The last picture is of them recovered and re-carpeted.

The decorative center piece was installed on all (4) seats in 67.

Not on this car.
I guess they missed it.

I wonder how many cars came with a "mother in law seat".
How common was that?
This car did and it was a manual column shift car.

Last edited:
Well, there you have it. A mother in law seat and no emblems on the back --- but, the emblems are on the back seats.
405690-29.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen hundreds of pictures of 67's with and without. I also know a great many people who complain about them digging into their back on long trips, especially where older worn down foam cushion seats are concerned. That said, many people don't bother installing them when reupholstering the seats, and then again, some folks just lose them in the process and can't find replacements.

That's exactly what I was thinking.
I've seen pictures of cars with them on all seats.
But since most people only use the front seats on a regular basis, they might be uncomfortable if a person is only wearing light cloths.
"Front seat emblem delete".

I really like that color for a red interior.

Two areas that gave me fits.
One is just the way the pleats there are sewn.
I tried everything to get it smooth.

The other is the top corner.
It take some extra padding to get a top line that doesn't look like a pagoda roof.
Just using the molded foam won't work so good.
There is a trick to getting the sides smooth as well related to that.

seats.jpg

They are not an issue if you install them properly. They should sit in a bit and never touch your back. IMHO, they look better with. Just my 2 cents.
WP_20180520_006.jpg

They are not an issue if you install them properly. They should sit in a bit and never touch your back. IMHO, they look better with. Just my 2 cents.View attachment 642590

My thoughts exactly... They never bothered me, but I've seen some that were sucked way in there, but in any case, the seat always looks better with them installed... also just my opinion.

Auto Transport Service
Back