• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat covers

1BLUEMOFO

Local time
2:09 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know where i can find repo seat covers like this? The back seats look brand new, but the front drivers side has a huge tear and the original owner glued a pad over it.. Not sure if any companies carry this or not, just thought i would check here first.. Any suggestions?
frozen025.jpg

frozen029.jpg

frozen031.jpg

i have never used those brand seat covers so they may work great but from my experiance its better to have a good interior man make some and install them because they fit better.

What up Jim.. You get that RR on the road yet? Ill check with a few of those, if all else fails ill just find a interior man try it out.. If it wasnt for that front seat, all i wouldve had to do was add gauges and new cpt.

If you want Quality have a good trim shop make you up some. SMS in Oregon has all the vinyls they either reproduce the vinyl or have some old stock. They make many of the parts for the other parts guys mentioned. Aftermarket kits look fine but the Original vinyl was of a much better quality and would be my choice if available.

Bet it's gonna be tough to match color shades on a replacement panel to the rest of the seat ? You are dealing with 40 - 50 years of the sun's effect upon what remains vs the new vinyl, no matter where it's from. At least with using a local guy, he can lay different swatches against the old for comparrison till he finds a match.

John

Not necessarily. When I still had my Challenger it had the original seats in it.....bright blue. And while forcing myself into it (in the trailer @ one of the races) I popped the insert on the driver's seat. I had a really good contact in Legendary at the time and got a piece of material large enough to have a new insert made. The only way to tell it wasn't original was by touching it. The new was much softer than the original, but the color was dead on

6interior_f.jpg

I have the Legendary covers and bucket seat foam for my 69 RR and I'm finding out I still have to build up the side bolsters with foam to make them fit right. I have one seat back done and it looks pretty good. I think the problem is the foam rather than the covers. Just keep in mind it's not a wham-bam thank you ma'am type of installation and it's attention to detail is what makes or breaks the job.

If you want the best job have an Upholstery shop order vinyls from SMS and all the matching mylar . If you have the dielectric sealed seems SMS can do that for you as well. If you just want a driver and not concerned about real authentic fit and finish then Legendary is a good solution. The down side to there covers is the quality of vinyl they use and it wont hold up as well as what was original but sometimes thats all there is. I do what my customer wants, if its going for pure stock and the best I make it. We bend new springs where needed and replace foam as required. Any well established shop in your area should be able to do this type of work and either way you should be pleased. Right now with the economy you should get a pretty fair deal.

Auto Transport Service
Back