• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sell me on CalTracs

Yabbut! You've got 650hp at least, op is just trying to run 13s.lol. $1500 can be better spent elsewhere.

I feel this is necessary. I have nothing against caltracs or assassins,they both work excellent! I LIKE them! But....
There is a performance threshold where they become necessary, and that threshold is very nearly the same as ladder bars or four link. As above, a low 11s or faster, car can use them, and quite probably go quicker.
But the op is just trying to hook a 14/13 sec car. There are better/cheaper solutions to hook it up, and I would use the extra money on a better converter.
But that's just me.....

actually a bit more power, and I do agree with the are they necessary. My 4000# with me 69 road runner goes in the 10’s on some factory bias springs with nothing trick at all other than drag shocks and an adjustable snubber. Anything can work with enough tweaking, especially at the slower ET’s. But, I do like the caltracs, they work well without modifying the car. I wouldn’t bother with them on a 13 sec car but if I had a very tire limited 12 sec car I may..

Calvert springs are $460.
Would I try to pinch a penny /cut a corner and put antique multi leafs on a car that sees track duty? Hell no.
On a carshow trailer queen? Yes.

Went with the Mono-Leaf spring. Figured I'd start with the spring and for the planned horsepower that will come down the line, if necessary, will get the bars then. Haven't driven the car but the new spring certainly revealed how bad the OG springs were. Pretty wild to see the car raised by 4-5'' on the new spring. Expect a much stiffer right. Better shocks are probably next.

upload_2022-3-13_22-58-17.png

upload_2022-3-13_22-57-51.png

Went with the Mono-Leaf spring. Figured I'd start with the spring and for the planned horsepower that will come down the line, if necessary, will get the bars then. Haven't driven the car but the new spring certainly revealed how bad the OG springs were. Pretty wild to see the car raised by 4-5'' on the new spring. Expect a much stiffer right. Better shocks are probably next.

View attachment 1254822

View attachment 1254821
It will drop/settle some as you drive on them .

View attachment 1254822

View attachment 1254821
better run a pinion snubber until you get the bars, the mono leaf will windup real easy under acceleration, thats what the are designed to do & the bars keep it from doing that & transfers the force pushing the tire down, with the pinion snubber it still might break something in the driveline

better run a pinion snubber until you get the bars, the mono leaf will windup real easy under acceleration, thats what the are designed to do & the bars keep it from doing that & transfers the force pushing the tire down, with the pinion snubber it still might break something in the driveline
Agreed! The monos job is to hold the car up, they provide NO traction control. That is the bars and shocks job.
This is unlike the factory springs, and ss springs whose job IS to control traction.
Caltracs use monos only so the spring doesn't do anything to fight the bars.... which standard and ss springs do.
I'm guessing you will be very unhappy without the bars.

Auto Transport Service
Back