• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sell price for set up

jshep34

Local time
3:55 AM
Reaction score
asking for input on a 426 mopar block. ported to 572. indy 440 heads. bme rods. custom comp cam. 4.5 bore/stroke. alky injected. no dyno numbers. complete rebuilt (2 passes)
powerglide transmission. hughes performance torque convertor.
was in a rear engine dragster ran 7.30's. had in my 66 belvedre ran 9.60 lifted at 800'
any help would be awesome.

I am no engine expert, so I can't give any advice on specifics. In general, people are fairly leery of buying a used engine that they are NOT intending to rebuild unless they can hear it run. I would think that if the engine is in a car that someone can drive, the price goes up. If it is sitting out of the car, then the price goes down a lot since the buyer is taking a chance...

S A L E price.

looking on other sites just motor is around 18k.i was thinking 25k start out for everything

looking on other sites just motor is around 18k.i was thinking 25k start out for everything

Don't by any means want to burst your bubble but, I think you would be lucky to get 1/2 of your starting out for everything figure you just posted! That's just my .02

Ported to 572?
Maybe you have had so few responses because it seems like your terminology is wrong. Your post appears like it was written by a guy that uses racing terms in the wrong context.

Ported to 572?
Maybe you have had so few responses because it seems like your terminology is wrong. Your post appears like it was written by a guy that uses racing terms in the wrong context.[/QUOTE
ok noted. haven't put it up for sale on web or anything yet.

'Completely rebuilt' can mean something or nothing. You need to list each thing that was done...and still expect prospective buyers to be skeptical. I would not ever pay top $$ for a used rebuilt engine. In my view, it is a pile of core parts awaiting rebuild unless it can be run at power.

Auto Transport Service
Back