• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SEMA 2021 Mopars - Yes, more to be found!

Stupid show about stupid idiots that ruined too many beautiful cars for the sake of entertaining a bunch of knuckle dragging slack jawed troglodytes.
Hits too close to your "kin" there in KY?! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Stupid show about stupid idiots that ruined too many beautiful cars for the sake of entertaining a bunch of knuckle dragging slack jawed troglodytes.
If you think about it.. At the time they were just cars. It wasn't until modern times they became classic cars and sought after. Back then they were just transportation. So I have to disagree with you without giving you a red X. In the end you cannot predict which cars will be considered classics.

If you think about it.. At the time they were just cars. It wasn't until modern times they became classic cars and sought after. Back then they were just transportation. So I have to disagree with you without giving you a red X. In the end you cannot predict which cars will be considered classics.

I've read and saved the reviews. I know what you mean but it's still a stupid show glorifying a bunch of stupid hillbillies which in some ways is "good" because people in this state are stupid. So the show advertised stupid KY. Now people are ruining beautiful cars to make General Lee's. Red X me I don't care.

Hits too close to your "kin" there in KY?! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I don't have any "kin" in KY, Einstein. I'm telling you from first hand experience how stupid people are here because I've lived here long enough to know. Someone who was born and raised here told me the further south, east and west you go, the stupider they get. NKY are pretty smart.

Too bad they're not as smart as ya'll in AZ....:screwy:

At the time they were just cars.
And to some they still are.
HawkRod, It is a must do bucket list for car guys because there is everything you can think of.
Haven't gone in years.Kinda got burned out as I was no longer involved in building cars for the show.

When you think Dodge Charger the iconic General Lee is more than likely the first image to pop into your head. Secondly the 68 from Bullitt. Like it of not the General Lee is popular thankfully now they are using run of the mill Crown Vics as a base for jump cars.. Maybe this will preserve what chargers are left. I bet most people that own General Lee replicas do not intend on jumping them. They know what they have.

I'm telling you from first hand experience how stupid people are here because I've lived here long enough to know. Someone who was born and raised here told me the further south, east and west you go, the stupider they get. NKY are pretty smart.
Ah, so at the risk of leaving still others out of your unsolicited insults, you've decided to expand your target zone
"further south, east and west" instead?
Smooth. Real smooth.

Speaking of "stupider"....:realcrazy:

Great way to stay on topic guys/gals
ruin a guys thread

@71SandbugCharger
thanks for sharing I haven't been since 2007
great shots of some really cool cars

Back to SEMA, remember that it isn't really a "car show", it is intended for innovators to showcase their genius. Most vendors have a business, and the car displayed illustrates their products and/or services. Late model vehicles usually are modified with products offered by the participant.

After seeing all those General Lee's I remembered the guys that always walked up to my RR and said "I had one of those". If you have an 01 car then it is likely true.

Can you imagine the innovation to get a Mopar electric? It could smoke anything on the lot.

Here’s some more from tonight’s Ignited event. Didn’t stay long enough to see the Electrollite Satellite come through the drive out. One AMC because it was a good one.

337C5552-54DF-440C-B563-ED22C2D7F6F1.jpeg E3B8161A-87CB-47AA-8050-7127C7F88784.jpeg 70079A06-2AEB-416F-9944-76DB305BA25C.jpeg 07939B36-548D-4967-A90E-5B2772F0702B.jpeg

SEMA is a vendor show. Made for the automotive component and product development crowd. Thus why you see what we would call bizarre builds. It's certainly no concourse judging show. It used to be you needed to be invited to attend? As a vendor of automotive and/or customization goods or services? That was 20 years ago. So not sure the protocols today?

SEMA is a vendor show. Made for the automotive component and product development crowd. Thus why you see what we would call bizarre builds. It's certainly no concourse judging show. It used to be you needed to be invited to attend? As a vendor of automotive and/or customization goods or services? That was 20 years ago. So not sure the protocols today?
Per my understanding, you need to be employed the automotive (aftermarket?) field to get tickets.

I would sign up as a Racer/Race Team but unless you have proof of a business license you will be turned down.
Worked with Pure Vision Designs on a few cars that were in the MOPAR display.
Also did a few for Year One and a "Young Guns Project that was displayed in Mopar Alley.
I then had a friend with a body shop sign me on as a employee.Haven't gone for at least 6 years.
It can be overwhelming by the size of it all.
EDIT The outside display that is massive is open to the public.No building access.

You missed one Sandbug ! And I missed this thread while I was in Vegas for the show , the days are long .... like 8-10 miles walking everyday . Sore knee , then find food and a beer , then bed . Yes the SEMA show is an industry trade show , not a consumer show . There are products and services for all type of vehicles - general repair , restos , restomods - racers - offroad etc...... Long ago , like the early 80's , there were many more drag-racers in attendance and exhibiting than nowadays . Wish it was a little more like that now , yet that has its own show - PRI show starting tomorrow .

20211105_154826.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back