• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seriously, Jegs?

threewood

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:53 AM
Reaction score
I just received this email to buy an extended warranty for the exhaust kit I bought last year. Are they desperate for revenue? How soon until Indian call centers start calling me asking me to extend the warranty on the spark plugs I also purchased? I AM the warranty, Jegs. Don't spam my inbox with this crap.
Screenshot_20240428_080044_Gmail.jpg

I got that when I bought a case of engine paint from them 2+ years back. Maybe I should have bought the insurance and told them it disappeared from the cans...

Last edited:
JEGS was bought by a Chinese company. It is not family owned anymore.
You should not order things from them anymore, IMO. Their inventory control took an immediate turn for the worse, customer service fell off a cliff in multiple ways, and more of what OP posted here is going to become the norm. JEGS is now a globalist run company so running the business as a simple parts supply isn;t good enough anymore, they need to increase margins with "service" industry type programs (like a warranty) and outsourced, remote(meaning, not in the building where the parts are) customer service.

Summit has been getting my business lately.

They were still family owned when I bought the paint, so the Chinese didn't set up that insurance scam buy in email campaign. That said, everything else applies...

I bought / ordered the paint December 2020 and JEGS didn't sell out until December 2021.

Summit is always my first choice, quicker shipping too. Jegs had better exhaust kit selection at this time.

Hilarious actually. Hopefully if we ditch them there will be space for an upstart company to take their place. Good companies get sold and die, new ones start up.

Geez -Another American family owned business captured by the reds. Rhetorically speaking why the hell would they sell to them? Were they the only suitor - no one else even close in $$ to them?

I don’t know…..

JEGS was bought by a Chinese company. It is not family owned anymore.
You should not order things from them anymore, IMO. Their inventory control took an immediate turn for the worse, customer service fell off a cliff in multiple ways, and more of what OP posted here is going to become the norm. JEGS is now a globalist run company so running the business as a simple parts supply isn;t good enough anymore, they need to increase margins with "service" industry type programs (like a warranty) and outsourced, remote(meaning, not in the building where the parts are) customer service.

Summit has been getting my business lately.
Oh geez.....glad I haven't done much business with them for several years now.
Geez -Another American family owned business captured by the reds. Rhetorically speaking why the hell would they sell to them? Were they the only suitor - no one else even close in $$ to them?

I don’t know…..
Usually, money talks and China probably offered then premium bucks since they are really trying to get their digs in even deeper into this country.

All these extended warranties and such cost pennies on the dollar to underwrite and the inflated pricing they charge is nothing but pure profit for them. Many times they will not approve of using them should the customer inquire about that usage. I avoid them like the plague at every offering as the solicitations are now so rampant and very annoying...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

I registered my car for Moparty the other day, and on top of raising the price for entering a car to $95, they now have an option you could purchase for $8 and change, for insurance in case you have to cancel your trip to the show!
I know they have trip insurance for expensive vacations and cruises, but insurance in case you need a refund for a ticket for a car show entry is a new one on me.:upyours:

Ive heard through the grapevine that Jegs is on their way out. I hope it's not true.

Maybe Coughlin will buy it back for dirt cheap? Been known to happen.

Just take them back out of the reds hands….

And by the way - Warranties and insurance is available for virtually anything these days - the question for most things is - it really of value to you.

Just take them back out of the reds hands….

And by the way - Warranties and insurance is available for virtually anything these days - the question for most things is - it really of value to you.
Everyone wants that warm fuzzy, someone to blame security.
Anyone can finance a 60k pickup truck. Don't worry that you don't have enough money to put tires on.

Ask for a complete and total list of reasons to not pay claim signed by CEO

Auto Transport Service
Back