• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seriously, poll to see if you are a avid racer or once in awhile racer ***POLL****

How many times a year do you DRAG Race

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm out of it now.... it just got stupid monetarily.
And I got fed up with NHRA scooping/pulling the rug out from under everybody's sponsors ?
And here I sit 20 years later with more money than I can ever spend.... old... bored to death.... still thinking about getting in again ?
Maybe spending the kids inheritance I guess ?
I mean even just a gawd-dam bracket car would be a blast !
Never had so much FUN as Rac'in ?

I'm out of it now.... it just got stupid monetarily.
And I got fed up with NHRA scooping/pulling the rug out from under everybody's sponsors ?
And here I sit 20 years later with more money than I can ever spend.... old... bored to death.... still thinking about getting in again ?
Maybe spending the kids inheritance I guess ?
I mean even just a gawd-dam bracket car would be a blast !
Never had so much FUN as Rac'in ?

Want to sponsor me? You can live your life vicariously through me beating superstockracer.

Got to at least let the car try once or twice , by no means am I a pro I'll take my street car in every now or then and have fun , my brother in law takes his Chevy mustang
(ls1 powered mustang)out at least once a week
He just hit mid tens in it (not bad for a Ford) and the funny part he drives this thing on the street as a dd all he does is switch tires

- - - Updated - - -

Challenger340 why not try scca raceing it's kinda fun , and doesn't cost a lot. My brother in law(different from the Chevy mustang one) has a 85 firebird we bought for $500 he put $2000-$3000 into it suspension,brakes,heads,tires.
And he's getting first place 99% of the time ( the other guys think all they need is h.P.) witch helps but Is killing most of them because they can't get traction threw the cones.
The only down side is the old mopars need a lot of modes to do this stuff (but it can be done ) there's a 72 cuda that comes out every now and then and kills everyone ,it's not stock

My category would be 1 time every 35 years for drag cars, lol. Actually I ran about 4 seasons in late 70's early 80's. But I voted- more than 6, because I have been into many different types of vehicle racing and I usually went at least 6 times a year or more. And hope to finish my charger to do some more strip racing or tnt's anyway. After 35 years, it's a nice feeling getting back into the "hot rod/ mopar/ drag car hobby", and can't imagine how it's going to feel blasting down the 1/4 again after so long. Still figuring out what to do for a motor now tho.

Looking good for me this year.
I'm thinking around 15 races if I don't break anything.

Ran my Cuda every weekend from 1982 thru 1993. I became a single dad in 1988 , started college in 1983, worked full time but still found the time. My son loved going to the track. Then in 1992 I got married and bought a house. Had a 2nd son in 1993 and a 3rd in 1995. No longer had the money so I sat the car in the corner of the garage. I could get it out maybe 6-8 times a yr. My oldest played ball and then the next one started and then the last. Being at their events was more important than racing.
Last time out was 2006 split a retainer, valve dropped and ruined the engine.
Now all the kids are out of the house, almost finished a 67 Belvedere. When that is done I hope to be out every week again. I still plan on putting my Cuda back together. One of my boys can run the 67 while I race the Cuda. I am very lucky we have 6 tracks w/in 1.5 hrs of us(7 if 42 re-opens).

Will have My 68 Charger completed by April then will be racing 3 times a month.
Have been racing My 34 Ford Coupe for 2 times a year for 30 years at our local track
on nostalgia races, lots of fun.

Attachments

• 417695-R1-018-7A_008.jpg
    417695-R1-018-7A_008.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 106
Auto Transport Service
Back