• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Serpentine belts on a BB Mopar

May have lucked out on the pulleys and power steering pump, a freind recently put a fuel injected 318 magnum in his forklift. He had to convert the 318 to v belts so guess what's sitting in the trash? I'll pick up the pieces tonight, hopefully being a mid 90s magnum this will provide the power steering pump, water pump pulley and crankshaft pulley.

Tore my water pump apart to see if I had the right one.... go figure, nope. Thought I'd post my finding for anybody interested, Summit sells a reverse rotation pump and it's not expensive either.

Screenshot_2016-03-06-00-30-48.jpg

20160305_235337.jpg

Just put a new one on the crossram from them. FlowKooler #1679. (Summit PN BRA-1679) Also used the CVF Racing belt drive shown in your first post.

Nice, that's a sweet looking motor!

Thanks, I'm buying the top one although the new ones are billet, that one looks like steel?

Have not driven, cars in paint shop. I did tour their shop and Jerry's running one on his car

Finally odered the kit, should be here by the weekend for installation. I've been pecking away at the electric fans, condensor and the Vintage Air A/C unit, I've got both all wired up minus the battery connection so I'm close but still need to plumb it all up.

I installed the March serpentine set up on my last 1970 Challenger R/T restoration. This car has a "Stroker" 500 cubic inch RB big block.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_6843.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

This is a view of how it looks installed. We went with a R134 A/C system that uses a Sanden compressor. The March unit came with all of the billet pulleys, but I still hadn't installed the alternator pulley in this picture yet. You can see it ( the alternator pulley) sitting on top of the alternator in this photo. The system was for a Saginaw keyed power steering pump as well.

The only SNAFU we ran into was I had to machine a spacer for the water pump pulley.

(please don't pay attention to the dented oil filter)

- - - Updated - - -

This was one of the first systems available for big block mopars back then. I'm sure that others have come along and made improvements. I just wanted you to see how the March system looked.

Hope this helps.................

- - - Updated - - -

and you can still use your mechanical fuel pump too.

One of the nice things about SD's stuff is the unit uses readily available replacement parts that can be sourced anywhere. Other than the billet brackets and pulleys, you can get that stuff even in podunk. Can't say that for the other companies.

Auto Transport Service
Back