• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sheet metal replacement panel ?

SGTPaul

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:26 PM
Reaction score
I’m getting ready to start buying sheet metal for my 68 charger and not sure who’s panels to buy. I’ve heard from one guy locally that Sherman & Associates panels fit pretty well. Also read on another site they don’t fit so well and are thinner metal than AMD, but the postings were 3 years old. AMD seems to have a lot of media coverage and I have heard good things about them, but they are 20% or so more than Sherman. Anyone have experience with Sherman and AMD panels and can offer an opinion as to which is better or if they are equal, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

Replaced both rear quarters and trunk pan on my 68 Roadrunner. Car was in Ohio and was rotted pretty good. Looked at both and chose the AMD. They were thicker and better quality I think. After the bodywork and paint I have no complaints. Solid! Paid a little more but worth it.
Just my 2 cents

AMD hands down!. You'll get the 20% and more back on the labor.
Your in Detroit, just go to Roseville Chrysler/Jeep (Mike Rhiels) on Gratiot, one of our sponsers to the right of the screen. If he doesn't have what you need in stock I would be suprised and you'll get a great price and not pay shipping. Talk to David in the resto parts department.

Last edited:
What he said! AMD are the nicest replacement panels you'll find. Talk to Jeff at 521restorations he's here on this board. He'll hook you up with a great price...Actually I forgot his member name on here though, I wanna say it's jsfirm.

Spend the extra couple of bucks. "The sorrow of poor quality, endures long after the joy of low price is forgotten"

Spend the money and buy AMD.I live here in rustville and had to use sherman for years.They are local for me,they are only a hour away from me.I will not touch their stuff anymore.I bought two aprons for my demon,I did a whole back half of a wrecked duster,reskinned a 72 cuda complete,and in the process of starting a 72 charger waiting for it to come from the blaster.All the sheetmetal has come AMD.I had a small issue with the duster tail panel,it was a little twisted from shipping nothing major.I have hung some where in the range of 10gs worth of sheetmetal with no major issues.

Id say amd but look around for amd suppliers i just bought a new hood for my 69 gtx. Directly from amd it would have cost me almost 700 plus shipping however i found mine on ebay from some e-store called tamraz or something like that any way through them i got my new perfect amd hood shipped to my door for $685

Happy New Year to all!! Thanks for all the advice. Looks like the old saying comes true again - you get what you pay for. I've found that Roseville Mopar (close to me) carries what I need in stock so I can save a tone in shipping.

Auto Transport Service
Back