• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shifter boot and carpet

elliskev2

Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score
Hello to ALL,
I am getting ready to cut in my carpet and was wondering if the rubber shifter boot should be fastened to the floor before the carpet and then the chrome ring. I have been searching and haven't found a discussion on it.

Thanks

I found this helpful.
https://documents.holley.com/1144580_instructions.pdf
HurstBoot.PNG

I assume you know to NOT run a drill bit thru your carpet? It will pull long threads and ruin the carpet. Kind of like a run in lady's pantyhose. (Don't ask me how I found this out.....)

I assume you know to NOT run a drill bit thru your carpet? It will pull long threads and ruin the carpet. Kind of like a run in lady's pantyhose. (Don't ask me how I found this out.....)

Yeah, I was going to jump right in to installing it, then the logic and common sense kicked in...woah hold the pony's.
Thanks for the reply.

A good, safe way to make a hole in the carpet without any runners is to use a hot, soldering pencil tip.
Nice and kleen..
Just my $0.02.... :thumbsup:

A good, safe way to make a hole in the carpet without any runners is to use a hot, soldering pencil tip.
Nice and kleen..
Just my $0.02.... :thumbsup:
Yes, that is a great idea. I used the soldering iron for all the cuts and holes. Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back