• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should i put it in drive?

Pull the block plugs every time. Lots of dirt/rust not in suspension gets trapped at the bottom of the block.

This was addressed in previous posts. Citing a '68 FSM for example, it states that in park while running, psi pressures are as follows; line- 5-30, converter-5-30, lubrication--5-30. In neutral they are 55, 30-55, and 5-30 respectively. Interestingly, the lubrication psi is identical both in park and neutral.
But if you disconnect the line entering the trans cooler, nothing much happens when you start the engine until you take the trans out of park. I don't know enough about automatic transmissions to know why it show the same PSI numbers in park and neutral. Just know that there is flow in neutral.

But if you disconnect the line entering the trans cooler, nothing much happens when you start the engine until you take the trans out of park. I don't know enough about automatic transmissions to know why it show the same PSI numbers in park and neutral. Just know that there is flow in neutral.
If the pressures were too low or non-existent in park it probably wouldn't take long for the front seal to be wasted, hence the consistent lubrication psi.

If the pressures were too low or non-existent in park it probably wouldn't take long for the front seal to be wasted, hence the consistent lubrication psi.
So what you are saying is that the pump pumps to the front seal even in park......?

Today we drained the coolant/rain water and it looked pretty good.
We then continued flushing it with a gun connected to an air compressor and garden hose. Basically zero rust and dirt, water came out very clear.
I also removed the thermostat and replaced it with a new gates one and looked into the housing -> very clean aswell.
So i decided not to use a cleaner and leave it alone.

The installation of the new radiator is planned for monday.

Unfortunately it looks like the new fan clutch i bought of yearone (https://www.yearone.com/Product/chrysler-b-body/fc210#prettyPhoto) broke already.
Because if you start the car up cold the fan wabbles around and makes contact with the radiator or something else when revving it up (Inconvenient Noise)
Once the clutch engages it runs smooth without wabbling. The clutch has play.
Fortunately i also bought an nos fan clutch (that has no play) which i will install on monday aswell.
If that fixes it (i hope/think so) thats another case of new parts being junk right out the box. (Or very soon after installing)
I have maybe put 80 miles on that clutch and some idle runs.

So what you are saying is that the pump pumps to the front seal even in park......?
This is the oil distribution (5-30psi) while in park.
20220611_202237.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back