• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I Snag any of These 77 Cordoba Parts?

WS23RT

Local time
3:13 PM
Reaction score
I don't know anything about these cars but this one is in my local junkyard and I figure it might have some rare parts. Tilt column, manual sunroof, 400/727. Someone already grabbed the front disc's and lower control arms.

I have limited funds and I'm not posting this as an interest thread. I'm just curious what would be most worth grabbing to make a buck on or for trade fodder.
20220731_123113.jpg
20220731_121727.jpg
20220731_121735.jpg
20220731_121250.jpg

The complete 400 engine is premo for stroker kits along with the 727 tranny.
Fan and shroud, pulleys,Cruise control servo(I just bought one they are not available new).
Looks like the ignition control module looks factory and worth grabbing. Power brake booster.
It most likely has power windows but many times I grab window crank handles and interior door handles.
Check to see if the rear is a 9 1/4'' sure grip. If so grab it it may be 11'' rear brakes.Even if it's a 8 1/4'' it may be a sure grip.
Yes, in my younger day I was a junk yard junky. Can you tell ?

For me, I'd want to cut the roof off and take every single piece I could for the sunroof. The 400 4bbl isn't bad either, though it's likely seized up from water getting inside

motors and transmissions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would Drag the whole car home......
It is unfortunate that many yards will not sell a whole car.
I found a 72 Scamp that was complete down to the wheel covers. I asked to buy the whole car. Nope..

Sunroof parts are almost impossible to find.

It may take a while but there will be buyers.

Don't forget the rear sway bar.

Since it's a 4 barrel car, odds are good that it may be a 9 1/4 axle.

Agree on everything posted above.

Mirrors, dash pad if it's in good shape, radio, power window switches and motors, power locks if it has them, steering box, radiator, interior lamp lenses (if not cracked) and clock along with everything else mentioned already. Also, noticed the back wheel (looks like the Rallye) type wheels for that era so those would be worth grabbing if both are present on the back.

Auto Transport Service
Back