• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shoulder Belt Installation 1970 Superbird

wtate

Local time
9:25 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,

This forum has been awesome in helping on this project. I greatly appreciate all the help!

One question that I'm hoping someone has the answer for here. I'm looking to install the shoulder belts in my car. I have the belts and everything needed but what I thought was simple has me stumped. If someone has theirs installed and could send me a couple of pictures with the belts tucked in place as well as with the belts pulled out it should become clear how to do this correctly.

See the attached photo without the belts installed. The round grayish hole to the left is where the belt bolts on.

Any help here appreciated.

Thanks,

Wayne

Seatbelt shoulder photo.JPG

F4542727-4B4A-4749-BFB6-EAEB55B444AB.jpeg
Between the snap and the first clip hidden under the headliner is a threaded hole for the end of the belt to anchor to. Use a small stick pin to locate the hole.

Last edited:
Hi all,

This forum has been awesome in helping on this project. I greatly appreciate all the help!

One question that I'm hoping someone has the answer for here. I'm looking to install the shoulder belts in my car. I have the belts and everything needed but what I thought was simple has me stumped. If someone has theirs installed and could send me a couple of pictures with the belts tucked in place as well as with the belts pulled out it should become clear how to do this correctly.

See the attached photo without the belts installed. The round grayish hole to the left is where the belt bolts on.

Any help here appreciated.

Thanks,

Wayne

View attachment 925330
The belt folds up and tucks behind the 2 keepers to the right of the hole in your pic.

Auto Transport Service
Back