• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

side moulding?

barbee6043

Local time
11:08 PM
Reaction score
I have a car with that stick on side mounding, you know so it doesn't get door dins..... ruins the look of the car. it is starting to come lose a little at a couple spots it has a "rubber" looking material in the middle. what is the best way to get it all cleaned up? the rubbr stuff and adhesive???... the car is a survivor with really good paint.

A heat gun and patience. I think 3m makes an adhesive remover that wont damage paint for the residue. Although once its removed it might be a shade different due to lack of exposure.
I always went back over the area with 3m microfinish compound just to clean it up afterwards with a soft cloth.

A heat gun and patience. I think 3m makes an adhesive remover that wont damage paint for the residue. Although once its removed it might be a shade different due to lack of exposure.
I always went back over the area with 3m microfinish compound just to clean it up afterwards with a soft cloth.

These are all good point. Sometimes 70% rubbing alcohol (not the 92% stuff) can remove adhesives too without hurting paint. Whatever you do, "test first in a small, inconspicuous place"

Auto Transport Service
Back