• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Six Pack Mechanical Carbs....what air cleaner?

For the ultimate in drag race speed!
Maybe not so much the street…. Build dependent!

Id vote tunnel ram otherwise.

GLWS! Have money ready to pull the trigger when you find them.
Marine carbs will work with the accelerator pumps on all 3 carbs

That will get rid of the dead spot

It has SO MUCH potential to really kick ***, and look AMAZING too...
Are there better performing 2x4 or single 4bbl modern race setups? It's close, but other than a 2x4 setup, there's not much that will draw a crowd like a bad *** setup with the Weiand P3690982 6bbl intake:
100_1215(1).jpg
Screenshot_2016-05-10-16-10-27.png

For the ultimate in drag race speed!
Maybe not so much the street…. Build dependent!

Id vote tunnel ram otherwise.

GLWS! Have money ready to pull the trigger when you find them.

I’ve spent a lot of time tuning on dominators. Mine are absolutely great on the street! I’d have no problem taking this one on 100+ mile cruise!

85CDC76F-2BF0-41F2-9547-D24920E5D94B.jpeg

Last edited:
The mechanical 6-pack still has Mopar mojo, dominator not so much. It also has ungodly throttle response.

The mechanical 6-pack still has Mopar mojo, dominator not so much. It also has ungodly throttle response.
So you have tried the mechanical carbs? I've used them years ago and had good luck

Was the engine stock?
It was .030 over, six-pack trw pistons, ported 906 heads with 1.81/2.14 valves, 296 degree / .557 lift solid lifter cam, hooker super comp headers, blocked heat risers, electronic ignition, that’s about it. 4-speed car with a 4.88 dana. For the late 80’s as a street car it really went well. Wasn’t my car, a good friend and I worked on these together, he had more money to work with but I was a bit more technical.

Are they original?
I didn't get them new, but in a package deal trade back in late '79.
FWIW, The image in the Hamtramck advertisement appears to have vacuum secondaries.........
upload_2021-7-19_20-51-16.png

Then there's the Holley cat.........

upload_2021-7-19_21-3-54.png

line items from above split (too long for FBBO pictures)..........

upload_2021-7-19_20-55-51.png

upload_2021-7-19_20-59-19.png

It was .030 over, six-pack trw pistons, ported 906 heads with 1.81/2.14 valves, 296 degree / .557 lift solid lifter cam, hooker super comp headers, blocked heat risers, electronic ignition, that’s about it. 4-speed car with a 4.88 dana. For the late 80’s as a street car it really went well. Wasn’t my car, a good friend and I worked on these together, he had more money to work with but I was a bit more technical.
Really sounds like one of my engines from the late 80s!!!! Man that shouldn't have flooded an engine like that.

Hey Rob and my forum family...
Some of you know how many posts, questions, and discoveries I've made about the Holley 2bbl carbs and the Weiand P3690982 6bbl intake. That intake in the early 70s on for about 6 years or so was a big player in Super Stock on setups (engines, cars, class/bracket).
Anyway, I've emailed and talked with this guy about a number of things he has and has done. I think he shows how to convert modern day full filter size horn 2bbl carbs to a mech 6bbl setup, but I can't find the right video. It may be in one of these two, but I'm mainly posting the links because he's run the Weiand P3690982 6bbl intake and Holley carbs for a good amount of time.
Anyway, I think you may find this interesting:
Part 1

Part 2

Those ARE 3 of the home made 2bbl mech carbs!
Hey, I know he is an "unusual" guy, but a good Mopar guy and helpful with lots of hands on experience.
Go to 10:15 in this video and hear the Weiand 6bbl equipped intake RUN!

4-speed car with a 4.88 dana. For the late 80’s as a street car it really went well.
WOW!! 4.88 gears!! :bananadance:
I stepped up from my factory Track Pack 3.54 gears to a 4.10 when I put my Passon 5 speed in place of the factory 18 spline 833...NO WAY would I be able to bear a 4.10 w/out that OD 5th gear, and all I need to do is leave it in 4th (1:1) to appreciate how hard core the people were who ordered 4.10s or bought a car w/factory 4.10 gears and drove it on the street..and highways!?!
Anyway, with the few mods to my 440 6bbl, the 4.10, especially with that wonderful 6bbl, well it was no slouch with the 3.54s and the "infinite stall speed" selected by that 3rd pedal, and made the well tuned 6bbl really roar. The 4.10s really added to the jump up and GO when I just stand on it at any speed.
I'm saying all that because I can literally only guess what those 4.88s and the build you had must have been like. My first thought is when you "walk" some would-be challenger on the street, they may just lift, thinking there's no way they can hang. I'm guessing you probably witnessed a good bit of that from the guy who was next to you but quickly disappeared in the rear view mirror.
:thumbsup:
That must have been an infamous ride among the local street scene folks!

Buddy of mine back in the 70's had a 38 Dodge coupe, he ran 5.13 gears & while he wouldn't do it often he had been known to drive it over to Nevada to visit certain "Houses".. Which made for about a 300 mile round trip....

Auto Transport Service
Back