• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sleeping Beauty

Sorry I missed this thread earlier.

I give you all the respect in the world for preserving, rather than restoring, this car. It is so cool to see a functional car that has not been restored - only maintained. Kudos!! :drinks: I have a 1962 Corvette that was my father-in-laws. It has never been restored and still runs and drives great. Yes, it has its blemishes, but the car has earned those after 58 years!!!

Oh, and the mice: They are the biggest pain in the a$$!!! I found with my 70 Road Runner that they had burrowed into the seats and taken stuffing from inside of them. My seats were ALMOST salvageable, but the damn mice pushed them over the edge. Look carefully at yours and you may find the same thing, although even if you do, you may be able to remove and replace the same covers but just repair the stuffing.

Good luck!

Hawk

Last edited:
I remember when you got this 70. I know you have lusrted for one a longtime, glad it have it now!!! Back in the 90's I had bunches of 68-9 RR and bees but only 1 70 GTX and 1 or 2 70 Bees! I just did not run up on them that often back then! Cool cars!!

Auto Transport Service
Back