• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

small parts metal plating

tak419

Local time
1:39 AM
Reaction score
I've done a quick Google search but looking for more of a "I've used this guy" response. I'm needing small parts, basically nuts and bolts, zinc plated and looking for a quality job. If the person was in Ohio that would be even better. When I restored my Roadrunner I used a guy who's name is Eric, he was in the Elyria Ohio area and did an excellent job, but no longer have his info. Any recommendations ?

Jon Wrights Custom Chrome Plating
963 Mechanic Street
Grafton, OH 44044
440-926-3116
www.customchromeplating.com

Top notch quality and he does all different types of plating.

963 Mechanic Street
Grafton, OH 44044
440-926-3116

Thanks. Someone responded with Eric's number. If I can't contact him I'll try Jon. I've heard of him before. All say good things.

My experience with ANY plating is that its only as good as the base material. If you have a nice new bolt then the finish will be smooth and shiny. If the bolt was crusty or blasted then the finish can be pretty disappointing. And for the most part, you only have yourself to blame. And keep in mind that anything short of chrome plating does not get polished first.

963 Mechanic Street
Grafton, OH 44044
440-926-3116

I used Jon Wrights Rechroming service 40 years ago, to have all my 38 Ply chrome done​
by them, and it still looks nice. Also, we had all the chrome done by them on our
radically chopped, nosed and decked, on our 54 Ply Belvedere. All still looks great!

Chrome !!! Some people people just don't bother reading the whole post !!

I used Jon Wrights Rechroming service 40 years ago, to have all my 38 Ply chrome done​
by them, and it still looks nice. Also, we had all the chrome done by them on our
radically chopped, nosed and decked, on our 54 Ply Belvedere. All still looks great!
Not looking for chrome but thanks

Theres a place in California called Detail Plating....they do all the common finishes, and are actually pretty reasonably priced. Of course I also clean the parts myself so that saves the platers time, therefore saving me money. They have a website.

You could also use Bill Meerholz in NJ, he does real fine work.

Auto Transport Service
Back