• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So anybody try a wideband O2 on a crossrammed Hemi yet?

Here are some pics of my set up. Any 3/8 or 5/16 barbed brass fitting will work. I have the 3/8 fitting and hose to the catch can then to the PCV valve. I placed a 3/8 tee in the hose and found a rubber reducer to the 1/8 vacuum gauge hose.
20220513_125115.jpg
20220513_125541.jpg
20220513_125558_HDR.jpg

Could you tap a hole in one of the carb spacers? It's hard to tell the height of them in the photos but I'm sure you could get a small enough brass fitting to work. You can screw a plug in the hole after you finish tuning if you want it to be temporary.

Could you tap a hole in one of the carb spacers? It's hard to tell the height of them in the photos but I'm sure you could get a small enough brass fitting to work. You can screw a plug in the hole after you finish tuning if you want it to be temporary.
hmmm I like that idea... It is .480 tall. I would only have to drill and tap one or both Ernesto?

BTW, I can see by the few photos you posted in this thread that you car is a looker. Can you post a few photos so we can all drool.

BTW, I can see by the few photos you posted in this thread that you car is a looker. Can you post a few photos so we can all drool.
Hi Ernesto and 2 blader
I also see you are running a distributor with vacuum advance- having that vacuum port will enable you to take advantage of the advance mechanism there as well.

Before I owned it but its a great picture of it. I removed the tinted windows and lifted the rear end a tad since the rear tires were rubbing. The car has a long story behind it as I followed it for years....then ended up with it. Was sold at Mecum twice.

Hemi.jpg

Hi Ernesto and 2 blader
I also see you are running a distributor with vacuum advance- having that vacuum port will enable you to take advantage of the advance mechanism there as well.
You mean if I use the vacuum port I install permanently...correct?

That is Badazzzz. I really like the color combo. I'm sure it was worth following, then buying it. And yes you would have to permanently keep the vacuum port to use the distributor vacuum advance.

That is Badazzzz. I really like the color combo. I'm sure it was worth following, then buying it. And yes you would have to permanently keep the vacuum port to use the distributor vacuum advance.
Weird part is this. I have been a chevy guy for years and owned a 64 Chevelle since 1987. Wanted a Hemi car….so I watched auction results for a few years and kept pix and results of cars I would have bought. This was one of them. Fast forward I has a bday party for my kids in my shop, posted a pic of the shop with the Chevelle on the lift. A guy I knew asked if it was the same car when we were teens and I said yes. He said he was looking for a 64 Ragtop. I said mine is for sale. 1 week later it was in his garage. During that week this Super Bee came up for sale on a search I had. Went and looked and bought it Memorial day last year. The car while nice was NEVER driven since 2014 and needed some work. Oil leaks, 3 coolant leaks, loose steering wheel, both shocks hitting the exhaust….I could go on and on. It also had many bad shorts in the dash harness and it amazes me it didn’t burn to the ground. It was not cheap but I knew what I was getting and had the save the car from the dealer I got it from. They owned it for 4 years and never did a thing with it.

Nice car story 2b. I always say timing is everything. Yea, JD's 65 is another badazzz. When I was living in NY iused to race my Chevy II at Englishtown and Atco for fun. Now I'm in FL and I'm taking it to the track this evening. My 64 is a just a cruiser, but she is fun. Is your 69 B auto or stick?

Hi Ernesto!
No idea on how its running! Work has been crazy but hope to take it for a spin soon.

Nice car story 2b. I always say timing is everything. Yea, JD's 65 is another badazzz. When I was living in NY iused to race my Chevy II at Englishtown and Atco for fun. Now I'm in FL and I'm taking it to the track this evening. My 64 is a just a cruiser, but she is fun. Is your 69 B auto or stick?
Stick car. 4.10 rear not a Dana though. Just got the idle dealt with. Now oddly I have 3 point conversion seat belts for it and cannot figure out how they go for the life of me. You would think I never have seen a car before. Just too many holes for what the car has. LOL.

Niiiiice. Everything is good here in FL. I run the 64 as often as I can. Except during love bug season for obvious reasons. She'e running very well. Are you going to make the power tour stop in GA?

Auto Transport Service
Back