• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So anybody try a wideband O2 on a crossrammed Hemi yet?

Hi Ernesto!
I had to look and see when that is- I will put that on the calendar.

Hey JD. I was going to make it but something came up. If you go, post up some pics.

I gotta check but I think this is in the middle of the work week or am I wrong?

I am in a differnt time zone right now. I can't remember the dates.

Hey JD. I was going to make it but something came up. If you go, post up some pics.
Hi Ernesto!
I got the ‘65 out yesterday and went for a spin around the neighborhood. Running great. I was underneath it yesterday and changed my transmission lube in the 4 speed. Next up is the differential lube (any suggestions?). I also upgraded my distributor to one with vacuum advance and that was a nice change. My old one was an MSD ‘Pro billet’ but mechanical advance only.

Hey JD. Nice to hear you're getting some seat tiime in that beauty. On the rear end lube, I use Valvoline 80/90 conventional with the Ford additive. This is in a Dana 60 with Trak-lok. I'm curious as to what effect the addition of the vacuum advance had on your driveability or tuning. The reason I ask is my engine builder advised me to leave my advance capped (Mopar Electronic Ign distributor and chrome box). I have been tempted to connect it to see what effect it has on my tuning.

Hey JD. Nice to hear you're getting some seat tiime in that beauty. On the rear end lube, I use Valvoline 80/90 conventional with the Ford additive. This is in a Dana 60 with Trak-lok. I'm curious as to what effect the addition of the vacuum advance had on your driveability or tuning. The reason I ask is my engine builder advised me to leave my advance capped (Mopar Electronic Ign distributor and chrome box). I have been tempted to connect it to see what effect it has on my tuning.
Hi Ernesto!
The addition of the vacuum advance distributor didnt alter base or total timing but sure enhanced driveability and overall smoothness. Sure worth a try!

I got my Dearborn (F-O-R-D) additive on order! Any idea how much lube that big Dana takes?

I dont recall how much lube she takes, but I have the cast aluminum cover with the bearing supports. I'm sure that affects the total capacity. I'm going to attach the vacuum advance and report back.

SM says 5.5 pints. 2-3/4 quarts if I converted correctly. Been watching glad you both are having success on not fouling plugs! Haven't worked on mine in 3 years. Satellite exhaust leaks. Fixed that and had a fall in garage sprained both ankles and dislocated big toe. Slow recovery.

Fran to the rescue. Wow, sorry to hear about the injuries. As far as I'm concerned, you got us all started in the right direction with your guidance. Get well soon.

I dont recall how much lube she takes, but I have the cast aluminum cover with the bearing supports. I'm sure that affects the total capacity. I'm going to attach the vacuum advance and report back.
Hi Ernesto!
Ok the big Coronet got both the 4 speed lube and the Dana lube changed so thats done. On to front wheel bearings !

Good deal JD. I haven't had a chance to attach the vacuum advance on the Hemi. Question, did you use manifold or ported vacuum for the connection? With my steup, I only have easy access to manifold vacuum.

Good deal JD. I haven't had a chance to attach the vacuum advance on the Hemi. Question, did you use manifold or ported vacuum for the connection? With my steup, I only have easy access to manifold vacuum.
Hi Ernesto!
Yep I have same intake manifold that you do- so it was manifold vacuum. On my MSD distributor they have a variety of bushings to limit overall advance and also springs to tailor how quickly advance comes in. Im currently running light springs but conservative on total timing with the most conservative bushing. Hope that makes sense!

It makes sense JD. Like anything with engines, the tune needs to be tailored. I have been trying to get back to the rust repair on the Coronet Wagon that I have a 6.4 Gen III with Holley EMS and swap parts waiting in the wings. But I drive the 64 when good weather permits. I will advise of my progress.

SM says 5.5 pints. 2-3/4 quarts if I converted correctly. Been watching glad you both are having success on not fouling plugs! Haven't worked on mine in 3 years. Satellite exhaust leaks. Fixed that and had a fall in garage sprained both ankles and dislocated big toe. Slow recovery.
Thanks Fran!
I got all the fluids changed. Next up is a front end alignment. Hope you heal up and get that Satellite out for a spin

Thanks Fran!
I got all the fluids changed. Next up is a front end alignment. Hope you heal up and get that Satellite out for a spin
Front end alignment complete!
It no longer wanders like a shopping cart with a mind of its own

63071836-34A4-44AC-A504-1EC1CB61EF12.jpeg

I will be back with you guys soon. Got sidetracked on a bad steering box. Gotta be able to drive it first. Its unbelievable how people build a car. ALL new steering components BUT a worn out steering box. I kid you not. ...and coming from Chevelles it is like a monkey humping a football. Its all alien to me the MOPAR stuff but getting there.

Auto Transport Service
Back