• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So....I turned 61 today

000.jpg

upload_2022-1-29_13-24-31.jpeg

Happy belated birthday Ed, so sorry i missed it.
On a good note, it appears SOMEONE bought you an extended warranty. A few birthdays back I decided to make decisions like I was 17 again. There were too many years I let slip away worrying that everything would be in order for "that day" when it arrives. Too many missed opportunities passed me by or were delayed by my paralysis analysis. It was somewhere around your milestone birthday when it hit me - what would I do if I were 17? Then just did it, whatever it was. Remember 17?, you had no fear of the future. Live for the moment Ed, there are no guarantees or warranties. As for your friend, if you were 17 again it would have never bothered you. You would have called him out and both laughed it off and carried on.
I wish you a truly belated birthday my friend!
Now get your butt to Carlisle next year so we can insult each other in person. :lol:

Happy birthdayerer!
Sounds like you have a bonus round bucket list coming!

A very Happy Birthday Ed. And wishing you many more.
Your story hits a nerve with me because we're the same age and on a similar note, last month I finished up my 3rd round of radiation treatment for prostate cancer (2nd in a year-and-a-half; 3rd in 10 years) and every year is a blessing. With Godspeed we'll both be posting on this forum for years to come.

Albeit different years @moparedtn , you share August 13th birthdate with Annie Oakley (1860), Alfred Hitchcock (1899), Fidel Castro (1926), and Janet Yellen (1946).
:rofl:

Cancer is a thing many of us have dealt with but often do not divulge. It isn't as if we chose to get it nor is it a sign of weakness.
I am a member of this unfortunate "club" as well but I rarely mention it.

Happy Birthday Ed even though I missed it. I'm not one that goes looking for who is having a birthday but maybe I should. Hope you and your friend has gotten back on track with each other but it kinda reminds me of a friend (more like an acquaintance) that I have had for the past 20 years. He's one that is never wrong and likes to rile people up. Even told him once to leave the waitress alone before she pours a pitcher of tea over his head. He liked to ask me why I liked 'these damn Dodges' while riding in mine when his Chevy is broke down in his driveway. He has plenty of money to buy a new one but won't fix the old one that he likes so much. I've actually pulled over to the side of the road (twice!) and stopped and told him to get the F out if he hated riding in a 'damn Dodge' so much. He shut up for several months each time lol. Tried to tell him many times that his personality isn't conducive to making or keeping friends but he doesn't seem to care. He once said that forking with people is good entertainment. He can go fork with someone else now....I'm done with the bs. Every now and then he sends me a text asking 'what's up' and I just reply with 'I don't know.'

Ed,
Very sorry I missed your birthday - I have been sick for the last few days with Covid so I have not been on the site much.

Now that you have outlasted your 10 year expectation, it sounds to me like it is time to set some new ones! Think about times you may have said to yourself "one day I'd like to...." Well, maybe now is the time to make that dream a reality.

Take Fred on an extended cruise? (one of my favorites!)
Take a vacation to a nice spot you have always thought about?
Learn a new skill?
Others?

Regardless of what you choose, we are glad you are still here. I hope to get a neat story from you for many more years to come!

Hawk

Happy Birthday Ed even though I missed it. I'm not one that goes looking for who is having a birthday but maybe I should. Hope you and your friend has gotten back on track with each other but it kinda reminds me of a friend (more like an acquaintance) that I have had for the past 20 years. He's one that is never wrong and likes to rile people up. Even told him once to leave the waitress alone before she pours a pitcher of tea over his head. He liked to ask me why I liked 'these damn Dodges' while riding in mine when his Chevy is broke down in his driveway. He has plenty of money to buy a new one but won't fix the old one that he likes so much. I've actually pulled over to the side of the road (twice!) and stopped and told him to get the F out if he hated riding in a 'damn Dodge' so much. He shut up for several months each time lol. Tried to tell him many times that his personality isn't conducive to making or keeping friends but he doesn't seem to care. He once said that forking with people is good entertainment. He can go fork with someone else now....I'm done with the bs. Every now and then he sends me a text asking 'what's up' and I just reply with 'I don't know.'
I told you that I was drunk when I said that.

Welcome to 61 Ed! You beat your doctors best guess and straighten out a valuable friendship. You’ve completed a lot.

We’ve pecked words back and forth a few times. I’ve read some of your stories.

Over the last year or so I’ve engaged in a 700 mile move from N. Illinois to Arkansas.
It’s been busy. New house, new garage nick named the Taj garage by my wife.

Here’s a few photos:

View attachment 1328238

View attachment 1328239
Setting up a new work area is a puzzle where pieces fall together. It’s shocking how all of a sudden “all this stuff” that was hauled south finds a place. The Taj is 30’x44’ this is the car lift bay. There’s a 2 car bay on the other side of the wall with it’s own mini-split.

View attachment 1328234View attachment 1328235The tall workbench was self built but here’s a low work table and water cooler. Yes the GTX is dusty from all the sawing.

Now Arkansas is much more quiet that N. Illinois were we had 3 targeted drive by shooting. Not to mention the other 4-5 incidents, shots at vacant houses, high speed car chase w/shots fired (shells 100’ away) and all the other shenanigans!View attachment 1328237View attachment 1328236I’m pretty sure that these are Black Widow egg sacks and they were eliminated along with Momma. It heightens one’s senses when danger is around.View attachment 1328233
A great friend of mine gave this to me before I moved. The background is already spruced up checker board stick on tile, black, silver and gray. Other car related wall hangs are up too.

I’m digging my new digs!

View attachment 1328240

You probably like to read others stories so I gave it a shot…..In Honor of your Big Big Big Big Day.

The last shot is of a car that I might land but I’m be vague as to not jinx myself.

Happy Cruising to 62,
Haywire
Looks to be a 1965 Chrysler 300 (maybe an "L"), with possible 413 with rare in C-body 4-speed. But don't tell anybody; it's a secret.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday sir! I do enjoy reading your stories and tales of the past. I hope your future is healthy and you enjoy! I’ve always felt, you never know when that plug will be pulled. Have fun, don’t sweat the small stuff (most is) and live life to the fullest. Some live in doom and gloom, it ain’t worth it. Most have one shot, live it sir! Take care!

Happy Birthday Ed !!

Everywhere I look around the place I spot stuff I did, built, refurbished, including the old ride that required strong hands. What’s the saying? Don’t know what you had until it’s gone? Prompts me to appreciate the life I’ve had more. As well, my outlook has changed on things getting geezier; I don’t need or want MORE stuff – trying more to get rid of it.
And recalling those we loved and great friends now passed, sometimes wonder how we keep going on without them around; but we just do.
I’m not in your league of life’s hardships though, so you have the podium and nice hearing your reflections.
By the way I always visit Waffle House’s when I’m down south – we don’t have any around here dammit.
All the best to you!
First off, thank you sir!
There's a lot of relatable stuff here in your post for sure. Self-critical by nature, I have to sometimes stop and force myself
to acknowledge some of the accomplishments surrounding me here on the ridge - stuff it would be "normal" to be proud
of, I suppose - but I'm not wired that way, so I have to make a point to do so.

I agree, I think it's important to "take stock" in life once in a while - get off the merry-go-round, take a break and have a
look...and yeah, look for ways to simplify, downsize, take stock and determine what really isn't needed.
That's a finely-honed thing with me, part and parcel of the whole "don't leave a mess" banner I've lived under for what
seems like forever now...it's only been a decade, after all.

Hardships, though? Nah, I've had a fairly average/nondescript life really, other than all that medical crap, which isn't much of
an accomplishment since you don't willingly choose to enter it - you just hang on for dear life and pray for the best.
And yeah....Waffle House rocks.
God bless and keep you and yours. :)

Really sucks when you have to start your own Happy Birthday thread! :lol:
Meh, I enjoy jumping in on them for other members and noticed something was up with the "birthday box"
(it ain't just me that got left off - something's been done to that box, for whatever "reasons").
It's one of those things that makes this site special I think - everybody likes to join in on wishing others
happy birthday, after all - gives the place a little personal touch, you know?

Auto Transport Service
Back