• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So....I turned 61 today

Probably 3am or so, by my noticing that this hallowed forum had neglected to note my birthday in that little
box on the main screen. :realcrazy:
Time zones differences possibly. Remember...the site is probably on Central, and you're in Hillbilly time. :poke:

I get notified of birthdays the day before you guys. :lol:

1663726196519.jpeg

:lol:

Time zones differences possibly. Remember...the site is probably on Central, and you're in Hillbilly time. :poke:

I get notified of birthdays the day before you guys. :lol:

View attachment 1346092

:lol:
All the usual bluster aside, the actual issue was that the box size on the main page limited the number of
birthday folks displayed.
As I recall, SEVERAL birthday folks weren't seen in the little box that day..

View attachment 1346159

This box I assume....BTW - this pic shows tomorrow if anyone is interested. :lol:
There isn't but one box, yes - and on my day, apparently there were many birthdays, the box was smaller then
(I recall there being some discussion of same back at time of site update) or some such.
As it appears on a "conventional" browser this minute:
Untitled.png

Happy birthday Ed, and many, many, many more!!!
happy-birthday-happy.gif

I don't have my birthday in that box, or anywhere else. Happy really super-belated birthday, Ed.

Happy Birthday, Sir! I enjoy following your writings very much! Keep it up for another 61 years!!

No big deal. Lots of folks live this long, right?
I ain't nobody...
They day started off in the wee hours of the night, as it usually does for me these days.
Probably 3am or so, by my noticing that this hallowed forum had neglected to note my birthday in that little
box on the main screen. :realcrazy:
Ed, make sure all the boxes are checked for your birthday to be posted. I don't have both checked and mine doesn't show. It's in your settings under "Password and Security"
1671803941161.png

August 13th was my moms birthday too Ed. God rest her soul! My mom was a cool lady,this was her daily driver! Happy belated birthday Ed may you enjoy many more!

moms Charger.jpg

Just remember no Dr sets the expiration date - the best they can do is provide an educated “guess”. The Good Lord has already set that for all of us long ago - Live - Love - Enjoy. God has set your date for meeting Him - no one else…….. The best of Bdays to you and many, many more.

Just remember no Dr sets the expiration date - the best they can do is provide an educated “guess”. The Good Lord has already set that for all of us long ago - Live - Love - Enjoy. God has set your date for meeting Him - no one else…….. The best of Bdays to you and many, many more.
Thanks my friend, but I don't need to "remember" anything....I live and know all that, every day.
That said, there were events taking place back in August when I began this thread that motivated me to do so -
events that have only escalated and become more complex with the months leading up to now...

Regardless, I do appreciate the birthday wishes. Thank you!

Thanks my friend, but I don't need to "remember" anything....I live and know all that, every day.
That said, there were events taking place back in August when I began this thread that motivated me to do so -
events that have only escalated and become more complex with the months leading up to now...

Regardless, I do appreciate the birthday wishes. Thank you!
I should have known - there’s no point in issuing words of encouragement when none are wanted or needed. For me and my Faith I appreciate plenty of encouragement. I‘ve been on the operating table 13 times but in my case I prefer not to talk about it - I rely only on my Faith.

I should have known - there’s no point in issuing words of encouragement when none are wanted or needed. For me and my Faith I appreciate plenty of encouragement. I‘ve been on the operating table 13 times but in my case I prefer not to talk about it - I rely only on my Faith.
There was no "encouragement" in your post until you got to the "The best of Bdays to you..." part, for which I thanked you.
Prior to that....well, I'll just kindly refer to it as "the obvious" - which I confirmed I was aware of and needed no reminders
of, thanks.

Now, as to the newest point you've brought up:
Some folks deal with things different ways; there is no "correct" way if it works for you and harms no one else.
Yours is not to share and that's fine.
Mine - isn't - and that's fine too, of course.
Several folks seem to enjoy my ramblings on here, which isn't the intent but is welcome just the same.
Conversely, I'd imagine anyone uncomfortable with my doing so would simply avoid reading them.
Seems the logical thing to do.

Auto Transport Service
Back