• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So It Begins, 1966 Charger Restification.

A picture I forgot to add of the boots.....
boots 7.jpeg

Took the new AFCO aluminum radiator out of the box yesterday June 1st, 2020. Pure "gold", love it. This is all I got for updates on the car for right now, have not really done anything else to it. Stay tuned.....
alum 1.jpeg
alum 2.jpeg
alum 3.jpeg
alum 4.jpeg

Hi All,

I have a little update on the Charger for everybody, not much of one but here it is. We ordered a carburetor spacer from Jegs and we put it on the car, along with the carburetor we had sitting around that will be used. The carburetor was gone through so it does properly work, it is a 600 cfm Edelbrock so it will work for a stock 383. We put them on June 6th 2020.
carb 1.jpeg
carb 2.jpeg
carb 3.jpeg
carb 4.jpeg
carb 5.jpeg
carb 6.jpeg
carb 7.jpeg
carb 8.jpeg
carb 9.jpeg

Hi All,

I got another little update on the Charger, well kind of a big one. Today on June 10th 2020 we mocked up and bolted in the new AFCO aluminum radiator, put the drive fan on, a new Accel Super Stock coil in, put the horns back on, put the carburetor linkage on, and even started putting the front headlight assembly and grill in. I will start the update with mocking up the new radiator. We mocked it up where we thought was appropriate and it did not work, we closed the hood to test the fitment and it fit very nicely BUT it was JUST touching the top of the cap but that was fixed......
mu1.jpeg
mu2.jpeg
mu3.jpeg
mu4.jpeg
mu6.jpeg
mu7.jpeg
mu8.jpeg
mu9.jpeg

Last edited:
Next we put on the Accel Super Stock coil bracket and coil, on the left in the 3rd picture is the original coil the right is the new one that will be used......
clamp 1.jpeg
clamp 2.jpeg
coil.jpeg
20200610_185641.jpeg

Next we got the brake booster hose, carb linkage, and pcv valve all set and hooked up.At this point the radiator is all together......
linkage 1.jpeg
linkage 2.jpeg
linkage 3 main.jpeg
linkage 5.jpeg
linkage 6.jpeg
linkage 3.jpeg
linkage 4.jpeg
engine 1.jpeg engine 2.jpeg engine 3.jpeg

Last edited:
The horns are on now. That is all the updates I got for now, stayed tuned for the headlight assembly and grill tomorrow........
horns 1.jpeg
horns 2.jpeg
horns 3.jpeg

Hi All,

Here is the rest of the update on the Charger from yesterday on the headlight assembly and grill. The low beam headlights were changed to Halogen's to see better, the high beams were not changed....yet but will be at a later time. I gotta say with the headlight assembly and grill on the car now it actually looks like a car now!
grille 1.jpeg
grille 2.jpeg
grille 3.jpeg
grille 4.jpeg
grille 5.jpeg
grille 6.jpeg
grille 7.jpeg
grille 8.jpeg
grille 9.jpeg
grille 10.jpeg

All of the old headlight limit switches were taken out because some did not work, we now have new and longer ones that we got from Mr. Chris or @Topher on here and the 66-67Charger.com forum. So that said thank you very much sir, they look and fit great.
old switch 1.jpeg
old switch 2.jpeg
old switch 3.jpeg
new switch 1.jpeg
new switch 2.jpeg
new switch 3.jpeg
new switch 4.jpeg
new switch 5.jpeg

Hi All,

I got another update on the Charger. A new Halogen high beam headlight was put in, and we did not have anymore after that so another was ordered from RockAuto. The new headlight limit switches we got from Mr. @Topher were hooked up as well, we also put on the left side headlight bezel, we put on a Mr. Gasket air breather cap on the left side valve cover, and also got some wiring started as well. These were all done yesterday June 12th, 2020. I will start with the lights first......
light 1.jpeg
light 2.jpeg
light 3.jpeg
lights 4.jpeg
front 5.jpeg
lights 6.jpeg
lights 7.jpeg
light wire left.jpeg
light wire right.jpeg

Now for the part I am sure EVERYONE hates, the wiring. It is a work in progress and is not completely finished yet. We are adding electronic ignition to the car......

wiring 1.jpeg
wiring 2.jpeg
wiring 3.jpeg
wiring 4.jpeg wiring 5.jpeg wiring 6.jpeg wiring 7.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi All,

A little bit has done to the car lately, and still working on the wiring. We got the new high beam from Rockauto, although it is not in yet. We also got the lights working and rotating, and got a new battery for the car as well. It is a Mopar battery too. Otherwise that is mainly all that got done so far.....
wiring again 1.jpeg
wiring again 2.jpeg
hb 1.jpeg
hb 2.jpeg

Hi All,

I got a little more "background information" so to speak on our Charger. I was poking around on www.1966-67ChargerRegistry.com recently looking for another Charger I saw at a show in Michigan last year, and I just so happened to find our car on there. I did not even submit it but was thinking about it. Anyway.......

According to the registry our Charger was built around 8.9% of the way through the production run, it is the 3,353rd Charger out of the 37,344 that were built, it was 1 of 2 1966 Chargers registered in San Jose California and was 1 of 24 registered in California. It also believe it or not did not come with a roof stripe. That is mainly all I got, I just figured I would share this information with you all because I love to find it out and know this type of stuff.

On a separate note, stay tuned I have a few more updates on the way!......:):thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back