• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So It Begins, 1966 Charger Restification.

Hi All,

here is my latest update on the Charger build. It is coming along rather nicely, been working on it quite a bit. We do still have a little bit of wiring to finish up I think but we got the other right side high beam light in, the right side headlight lens in, both of the front turn signal/parking lights in and working now as well, the front air shield (if that is what you call it I think) on the bottom of the core support painted and on the car, the front sway bar together, and the Classic Auto Air a/c kit even came. I will start with the lights, the left side parking light was put in on June 19th 2020 and the right side a few days after on June 22nd 2020.
left pk light 1.jpeg
left pk light 2.jpeg
left pk light 3.jpeg
left pk light 4.jpeg
right pk light 1.jpeg
right pk light 2.jpeg

Pictures of the right side headlight lens, it was put in June 22nd 2020 as well. Well that is all for now, more to come later on.....
20200619_181705.jpeg
20200619_181719.jpeg
lens 3.jpeg lens 4.jpeg lens 5.jpeg lens 6.jpeg

Last edited:
So very familiar! Every single photo. Great work. I think silver looks great on these cars.

Guess whats back after 3 years!!

644484B7-6EAD-4E7D-99A8-7F52964FE462.jpeg

The ‘66 Charger is FINALLY back after 3 years of not being worked on, collecting dust, and being a storage shelf. I can’t believe its been that long. Last time it was worked on, it had an Edelbrock carburetor on it and it did not want to idle. My stepdad took it off and replaced it with a Demon carburetor, and now its a little better but still messed up. It idles then revs up, then goes back down again on its own without touching the pedal or the throttle cable. This said my stepdad did a compression test and its not looking that good, he thinks we have a vacuum leak. 2 of the cylinders are low. He said he ordered a new gasket set and will try it out and if it doesn’t work then we might have a valve problem. This is all for now, more to come hopefully soon now that we’re back on this project again.

Excellent hopefully you can get it sorted out.
2 adjacent cylinders could be a warped head or gasket

Last edited:
Guess whats back after 3 years!!

View attachment 1640044

The ‘66 Charger is FINALLY back after 3 years of not being worked on, collecting dust, and being a storage shelf. I can’t believe its been that long. Last time it was worked on, it had an Edelbrock carburetor on it and it did not want to idle. My stepdad took it off and replaced it with a Demon carburetor, and now its a little better but still messed up. It idles then revs up, then goes back down again on its own without touching the pedal or the throttle cable. This said my stepdad did a compression test and its not looking that good, he thinks we have a vacuum leak. 2 of the cylinders are low. He said he ordered a new gasket set and will try it out and if it doesn’t work then we might have a valve problem. This is all for now, more to come hopefully soon now that we’re back on this project again.
I was wondering where you were on this. Get that rascal on the road.

Auto Transport Service
Back