• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So It Begins, 1966 Charger Restification.

Here are the pictures of the paper under the seat under the springs. I honestly thought it was the broadcast sheet but folded up, I heard from Mr. 69Coronetrt that it is not a broadcast sheet. I am pretty sure I got my hopes up on it for nothin', oh well all I can do is take the seat out of the car and gently pull the paper out. Any other thoughts on this though, it has to be something from the factory if it is stuck under the springs right? These are all the pictures I have for right now, stay tuned until later......
sheet 1.jpeg
sheet 2.jpeg
sheet 3.jpeg
sheet 4.jpeg

Hi everyone,

Sorry I have not given an update on the Charger lately, but not much of an update on it. We have a friends car project over our house, not to mention another one of our PITA car projects we are working on as well so it has been put on hold for a couple weeks. So far we painted the alternator bracket, grill, headlight assembly and covers, the A/C condenser, taken out the original A/C ranker valve to have it rebuilt, and putting the "new" transmission pan on have been done. The alternator bracket was painted Tuesday May 5th, 2020. Sorry I did not post this earlier.
bracket 1.jpeg
bracket 2.jpeg

Last edited:
The headlight assembly is now painted, it was painted Tuesday May 5th, 2020. The last 2 pictures is before that was painted, now to just get the access paint out from in between the ribs.
grill 1.jpeg
grill 2.jpeg
grill 3.jpeg
grill 4.jpeg
grill 5.jpeg

Last edited:
The headlight covers are now painted. They were painted Mother's Day Sunday May 10th, 2020.
Now to just get the access paint out from in between the ribs.
covers 1.jpeg

covers 2.jpeg
covers 3.jpeg
covers 4.jpeg

The main center grill is now painted, it was painted Wednesday May 13th, 2020. Now to just get the access paint out from in between the ribs, :BangHead:. I am calling in the 1st generation Charger experts here, do anyone of you know the ACTUAL color for the medaliion that goes in the middle? I know there are rumors it is gold and rumors that it is red. My stepfather thinks it is gold, I think it is red so we are having a debate.
main grill 1.jpeg
main grill 2.jpeg
main grill 3.jpeg
main grill 4.jpeg
main grill 5.jpeg
main grill 6.jpeg
main grill 7.jpeg

Pictures on the web show the 3 point star red maybe metallic red and gold around it.

Did more looking and silver center red outside. Guess wait for expert, 66 could different than 67?

Did more looking and silver center red outside. Guess wait for expert, 66 could different than 67?

I believe that is correct, and I do not believe 66-67 are different but could be I suppose. Here is my source (I am also on the 66-67Charger.com forum as well.) I know more about C-body Mopars, still learning on the 66-67 Chargers especially the small details

http://www.66-67charger.com/sourceguide/

Hi everyone,

I have a little update on the Charger build. We got some 8mm Accel Super Stock spiral wires (part number 5045K) from Fast Guppy Speed Shop for the car, we also got an Edlebrock Performer 383 intake from a fellow member on the FCBO Mopar forum, got the transmission pan on, and took out the original A/C ranker valve to have it rebuilt. I will start in order, we got the wires on May 14th, 2020 but did not put them in yet. The wires on the hood of the car under the cover are spares or extras
wires 1.jpeg
wires 2.jpeg
wires 3.jpeg
wires 4.jpeg
wires 5.jpeg

After we got the wires, we then mocked up the intake we got from a member on FCBO on the engine on the same day of May 14th, 2020. Notice the intake valley tray and gaskets, they will be used once we officially bolt the intake to the car.
intake 1.jpeg
intake 2.jpeg
intake 3.jpeg
intake 4.jpeg

Last edited:
On May 23rd 2020, we got the "new" deeper transmission pan on the car to cool it down easier.
trans pan 1.jpeg
trans pan 2.jpeg

Also on May 23rd 2020 we got had the privilege to meet a fellow from Moparts who lives in New York, who we exchanged parts with that day. We got some beautiful rocker moldings from him while he got our old spindles from our drum brakes when we converted them to discs.
20200523_161040-1.jpeg

Got the original Ranco A/C ranker valve out on May 23rd 2020. It has a factory what looks to be gasket mess up, see the 3rd to last picture. This was taken by a friend of ours who is going to ship it to Pennsylvania to have it rebuilt.
valve 1.jpeg
valve 2.jpeg
valve 3.jpeg
valve 4.jpeg
valve 5.jpeg
valve 6.jpeg
valve 7.jpeg
valve 8.jpeg
valve 9.jpeg
valve 10.jpeg

"Newer" update- We got chrome Direct Connection valve covers, we had them for awhile sitting in the packages collecting dust and waiting to go onto something so now was the time to use them. They were test fitted May 24th, 2020.
valve covers 1.jpeg
valve covers 2.jpeg
valve covers 3.jpeg
valve covers 4.jpeg
valve covers 5.jpeg
valve covers 6.jpeg

After the left side mock up and test fit both valve covers are now on......The right side was put on the same day as the left one May 24th 2020, and now that both valve covers are on we put the manifold bolts on and tighten them up. This was done May 24th 2020 as well.
cover 1.jpeg
cover 2.jpeg
cover 3.jpeg
cover 4.jpeg
cover 5.jpeg
cover 6.jpeg
cover 7.jpeg

The Accel Super Stock spark plug wires and protectors or boots, the alternator and bracket, and power steering pump are now on. All of these were put on May 30th, 2020. In order starting with the spark plug wires and boots.....
wires 1.jpeg
wires 2.jpeg
wires 3.jpeg
wires 4.jpeg
boots 1.jpeg boots 2.jpeg boots 3.jpeg boots 4.jpeg boots 5.jpeg boots 6.jpeg

Last edited:
Now for pictures of the alternator.This is not the original, it is an extra one we had. The original was hard to turn so basically it was no good......
alt 1.jpeg
alt 2.jpeg
alt 3.jpeg

Last edited:
Now for the pictures of the power steering pump then the whole engine with everything on it. That is the original pump that came with the car, there was nothing wrong with it and worked fine so it just got a paint job.......
pump 1.jpeg
pump 2.jpeg
pump 3.jpeg
pump 4.jpeg
pump 5.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back