• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Solid Fan/Spacer

Status
Not open for further replies.

blm67net

Local time
1:19 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi, Hope I’m doing this right. Looking for a solid fan. I’ll worry about spacer after measurements. I don’t want the clutch fan anymore. Read where others changed to it. Solved overheating problem.22” radiator, 18” 7 blade, no clutch. Thanks.

Last edited:
You should determine what diameter fan your looking for. It'll be much easier to get what you need. 440'

I have this one for $45 + shipping.
20211101_183323.jpg

As for the spacer, check out the 440 Source selection, that really helped me.

Thank you. Appreciate it. I’ll take a look.

This one's rated for 8,000 rpm. The other I posted was 6,000. Do your own research and measurements on these. Might be differences in the center hole dia. I'll look for my receipt on the one I bought. A fan shroud is the trick for a good setup. One third of the blade showing out of the shroud. It doesn't matter the distance from the radiator as long as it's not too close.
Derale Cooling Products 17318 Derale Rigid Race Fans | Summit Racing

Edit:
I'm running the 17317
Derale Cooling Products 17317 Derale Rigid Race Fans | Summit Racing

Last edited:
This one's rated for 8,000 rpm. The other I posted was 6,000. Do your own research and measurements on these. Might be differences in the center hole dia. I'll look for my receipt on the one I bought. A fan shroud is the trick for a good setup. One third of the blade showing out of the shroud. It doesn't matter the distance from the radiator as long as it's not too close.
Derale Cooling Products 17318 Derale Rigid Race Fans | Summit Racing

Edit:
I'm running the 17317
Derale Cooling Products 17317 Derale Rigid Race Fans | Summit Racing
Ok thanks very much. I’ll look into it. I’m ready to try it at this point. I don’t care for the clutch fan. In my mind seems like the clutch is in the road of the pusher fan. I realize it should be pulling it in. Just look like a hindrance to me.

Make sure you measure,I went down this road and and ended up with fans that didnt work. Yes I bought a DeRale fan and the blades were to curved it would hit PS unit or to close to the Radiator.

Ok thanks very much. I’ll look into it. I’m ready to try it at this point. I don’t care for the clutch fan. In my mind seems like the clutch is in the road of the pusher fan. I realize it should be pulling it in. Just look like a hindrance to me.

Try it without the electric fan. In a lot of cases the electric fan causes cavitation/turbulence that hinders the airflow.

Make sure you measure,I went down this road and and ended up with fans that didnt work. Yes I bought a DeRale fan and the blades were to curved it would hit PS unit or to close to the Radiator.
Thanks, Good to know. Was that with 18”? I wondered how much of a curve it had.

On the center hole. Mine is 5/8.

Try it without the electric fan. In a lot of cases the electric fan causes cavitation/turbulence that hinders the airflow.
Going to order the fan today once I’m certain of spacer. Is one spacer type better than another?? I did run the car without out the electric fan. I added the fan hoping it would fix my problem. Draining all the coolant today. It was flushed out when I put in the aluminum with large 2 core 22”. Water pump is driven off large crank pulley. Is that correct or, should the pump be driven by 2 pulleys smaller, equal in size? Thanks for all the input.

Going to order the fan today once I’m certain of spacer. Is one spacer type better than another?? I did run the car without out the electric fan. I added the fan hoping it would fix my problem. Draining all the coolant today. It was flushed out when I put in the aluminum with large 2 core 22”. Water pump is driven off large crank pulley. Is that correct or, should the pump be driven by 2 pulleys smaller, equal in size? Thanks for all the input.

Both of my pullys are 7". No spacer. The widest part of the fan blade is 2" from the radiator. 1" clearance inside the shroud. 1/3 of the blade out of the shroud.
20220824_173627.jpg

Thanks, Good to know. Was that with 18”? I wondered how much of a curve it had.
yes Im in NY visiting sorry I did not post part number. I will be back tuesday and post then if that helps. My problem is I installed a ColdCase radiator which is thicker so that didnt help.

yes Im in NY visiting sorry I did not post part number. I will be back tuesday and post then if that helps. My problem is I installed a ColdCase radiator which is thicker so that didnt help.
No problem. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back