• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sound deadening advice

I went with Dynamat, a bit pricier, but maybe 20 bucks over some of the other materials. Think I paid about $150 for a one-box quantity. This was about 6-7 years ago. Some left over material I put in the inside fender areas. Also used HVAC adhesive insulation on the doors. I had some reduction in noise, but my car is a droptop so there's - that, lol.

20170628_145131.jpg

20170701_161930.jpg

So few questions please. Any adhesion issues those far? Any weird smells? How’s sound and heat deadening? Claims to reduce both so I’m wondering. Def worth the price but not worth it if it won’t last the long run in the scheme of things. Thanks for reading
I have nothing but good things to say about Kil Mat. heat is down. Truck is very quiet (67 Jeep Gladiator that sounded like you were in a tin can). Adhesion is no issue. It was done 3 years ago.
Doug

20210802_184234.jpg

20210801_193630.jpg

Do any of these products have an adhesive backing or do they are need to have the panels sprayed with adhesive?

Material I used, Dynamat, as others I checked into, have a heavy wax-like coated backing that is peeled away as it is laid in place. The adhesive is a tar-like substance. Set it nice and square at the start as once the stuff is stuck down, there’s no 2nd strike, at least with the stuff I used. I peeled away just enough to get a start then peeled back more of the backing several inches at a time moving along. Use a roller to get it adhered to the floor crevices, tunnel and such before pulling away more of the backing to avoid any folds or bubbles. A few areas I found using a hair dryer helpful.

20170701_080621.jpg

Do any of these products have an adhesive backing or do they are need to have the panels sprayed with adhesive?
Kil Mat is peel and stick. Once it's stuck it's stuck good.
Doug

Maybe 10 Years ago i used 'second skin' out of Tucson AZ for my 73 challenger. It was great stuff, but i don't know if they even exist any more. I can find the address, 9121 E Camino Abril Tucson AZ 85747, but no website.

Auto Transport Service
Back