• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sound deadner

20230202_142921.jpg
20230202_142917.jpg

Looks freaking awesome. Could have swore it was leather from the pics.
I'm real impressed with the covers, can't see it in pics but some of the seams aren't in the same location from 1 side to the other. The stitching in the back seat where the seat emblems go isn't there. But it all came with the car so I used it.

Ive done a few cars with Fatmat. 3 of them I did roof down. inside the doors and quarter panels included. It make a definite improvement .

I plan to pull the interior in my car this spring and do the floors to kill some of the heat that radiates up inside the car

Ive done a few cars with Fatmat. 3 of them I did roof down. inside the doors and quarter panels included. It make a definite improvement .

I plan to pull the interior in my car this spring and do the floors to kill some of the heat that radiates up inside the car
I haven't done the quarters yet as I am probably going to put in a trunk pan in the future.

I haven't done the quarters yet as I am probably going to put in a trunk pan in the future.
I just did the insides near the quarter glass. Not whats visible in the trunk

1st one I did was a 1970 Cuda. I did from base of windshield to the pkg tray. Including the inside of the back seat to trunk divider board .
the entire roof , insides both doors

owner says he can drive the car in quite comfort and air blowing cold with street hemi and 3" TTI exhaust ( not an original hemi car btw )

Do you guys put the sound deadener on the door face where the door panel goes, or are y’all putting it inside the door on the outer skin?

I’m about to start putting sound deadener in my GTX, this thread has been very helpful!

Do you guys put the sound deadener on the door face where the door panel goes, or are y’all putting it inside the door on the outer skin?

I’m about to start putting sound deadener in my GTX, this thread has been very helpful!
I put it on the outside skin. Kind of a bitch but it made more sense to me.

I'm going to give the duct insulation a try - does everyone butt the pieces together or do an inch or so overlap?

I know this is an old thread, has anyone used Boom Mat from DEI? Available in 4mm and 2mm, cheaper than Dynamat, basically the same.

IMG_5658.jpeg

Any product that is foil backed butyl rubber will essentially do the same thing. Boom Mat, Fatmat, Dynamat, etc.

If it were me I’d be shopping for price per sq ft.

I used Kilmat which was bout the cheapest i found (well.. 1 box of dynamat and 1 box of kilmat... same ****.. much less money)

I did my car this past spring with Fatmat Rattletrap, which is ,080 thick.

Ive done several cars with it and like it a lot.

20230512_110825.jpg

all pretty much the same. .080 thick.. same stuffs in mine
1693673917710.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back