• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sound System in 66 Coronet

WAYNES WORLD

Local time
4:28 AM
Reaction score
I have been installing some tunes in my car and wanted to have it pretty well hidden. I know the install is not the best for the true sound but again I want to hide what I could and not cut up the car. Since the stock radio didn't work I modified it to be the on switch for the rest of the system using a relay. I also used the factory speaker balance switch to latch the 3 timmed relays that power the three amps. I fabbed the amp brackets and had them anodized. The sub fits under the seat nicely. The 4" speakers worked out under the dash, I had to make up all the brackets and even formed the grill over the set on the pass side. I'll post additional picts as I get things finished up.
Wayne 2014-03-29_15.29.31.jpg2014-03-29_15.29.55.jpg2014-03-29_20.30.08.jpg2014-03-13_18.45.23.jpg2014-03-15_19.41.37.jpg2014-03-13_19.31.55.jpg2014-03-15_21.26.48.jpg2014-03-16_14.18.22.jpg

Huh, that looks really interesting. I recently installed a hidden stereo system in my 69 belvedere, though like most things, I haven't entirely finished it yet.

Can't wait to see more picks when it stats coming together.

Really nice work there Wayne . . . I was thinking of doing something similar in my Convertible . . . will probably come back and revisit this thread when the time comes, looks like it'll surely do the job and provide some great sounds . . .

Very nicely done ! !

Pretty slick setup Wayne. Very nice!

HOLEY CRAP WAYNE ! You plan on Bustin a move on the Zoom Zoom's in Westminster ?? LOL !!!

Nice set up, looks well thought out. I was in the same boat last year wanting it all hidden. I put my amps under the back seat, used the undercover 2 speakers under the front buckets and two of the old Pioneer tune-up speakers mount high on the kick panels. The cool thing is the head unit fit just under the rear of the center console which is perfect because I can reach it to change setting or volume as well as using the remote.
AL

Attachments

• stereo 003.jpg
    stereo 003.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 155
Auto Transport Service
Back